PDA

View Full Version : Blood-Horse magazine

TRM
02-27-2005, 11:50 AM
I recently saw and ad for a subscription. It's $99 for a 1 year deal, and it looks like a weekly publication? If anyone has a subscribed, I would like to know what's included for this price.

Memogram
02-27-2005, 02:03 PM
You get their weekly magazine, and yearly publications such as stakes conditions, the blood horse source and stallion register. The Source is basically a national yellow pages of all horse racing related businesses from tracks to farms to everything else. The stallion register is basically a list of all stallions standing and stats.

TRM
02-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks Memogram. How is the magazine? Does it have any handicapping articles or other informative info? I guess what I'm asking is it worth the price.

witchdoctor
02-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Bloodhorse is mainly for Breeders. Very little info for the handicapper.

JustRalph
02-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Bloodhorse is mainly for Breeders. Very little info for the handicapper.

My dad got it for years. The editorial section is nice. But like witchdoctor said......it is a breeders publication. Not much for the capper.............

I will say that the breeding info seems to be top notch.....and the vet stuff is very good,,,,,,,,at least for a laymen like me it seemed so......

Diamond K
03-01-2005, 02:35 AM
I advertised in the Blood Horse for many years when I insured thoroughbreds. I also had hard cover binding on may of them if I remember right. Ended up selling them to a breeder in Kentucky. It has always been a great publication and dates from the late 1800's if memory serves me right.