PDA

View Full Version : CA spot plays for Feb. 26

how cliche
02-26-2005, 04:01 PM
BM 5th, 9f turf, clm12,500, 4YO & up
I'm going with #3 B.Z. Jones(5-1 m/l)
He comes into today's race with just one turf win from eight tries and he's lost four in a row. What makes me believe he'll win today? The lone win on turf was over this course. His career best bsf was at the dist/surf. But more importantly than that, he looks like the fittest horse in the race. Every other horse is either a comebacker from a layoff or stretching out. He's the only one shortening back 2 furlongs which could give him an edge in fitness that will enable him to win. To most players he looks like he needs the lead, but I think he can track the leaders, especially since he set the pace at 11f in his last and he shows a good closing 2nd earlier on the page going 8.5f over this course. He gets 5 pounds from the field.

SA 6th CA BredALWN1X F&M 4YO & up
I'll go with #1 Miniskirt(5-1 m/l)
Two bullet works, including a fastest of 62, and a return to the tab just 7 days after her last serve notice for her fitness. Was in over her head in the Sunshine Millions Distaff. This is where she belongs & she should give a better account of herself today. Most of the obvious contenders here make a double jump in surface and distance, meaning they're going both dirt to turf and sprint to route. That's asking an awful lot of your filly unless she's been primed for it, which I don't think they have. Her turf breeding is good enough on the top and her dam has had 4 turf winners from 7 who tried, so a turf debut win isn't out of the question from a pedigree standpoint.

As always give a look and judge for yourself. Best of luck.

how cliche
02-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Awful. Patently awful. My first attempt at a new forum and my guys stink up the joint.

Fact is I've been on a cold streak since the 29th of last month. To make matters worse I had a third horse today that I neither posted about or played ontrack. There were only three total I even considered. I made decisions and dropped the wrong one. Truckindowntheavenue, winner of the 8th at BM who paid $18.80. It's the third time since the streak began I've done this.

When you can still pick 'em but can't bet right it's time to break away for a couple of weeks. Breaktime.

speedking
02-26-2005, 08:52 PM
how cliche,

Just keep on pickin':bang: It happens to the worst of us.

speedking