PDA

View Full Version : Today, it will be Booklet

FortuneHunter
04-13-2002, 11:11 AM
After the Florida Derby, Everbody was questioning what Ward/Chavez was doing in a speed duel. Well, today you will find out. In that that thread I said we will be making money with Booklet, I think today is the day. Nobody in the Bluegrass (13Apr02KeeRace9 to run with B.

Bluegrass (13Apr02KeeRace8) – I like #6 Booklet. I view this as a match race. Harland’s Holiday vs. Booklet. Booklet will outrun Harland’s Holiday to the half and hold on. Good Connections, Good Work, and has beat Harland’s Holiday on an OFF surface, which I expect.

One Leg of the National Pick 3 down.

Enjoy the Racing today

Vinnie
04-13-2002, 11:42 AM
Booklet vs. Harlan's Holiday,

I love Booklet, but, he is going to have a difficult time getting it done today against Harlan's Holiday at 9f. While he barely beat him on both occasions at 8.5f, at 9f it would be even sweeter to see him get it done because this horse has a lot of heart. Even in the last race where he had a horse on his neck until he finally got the lead before coming into the stretch he showed tremendous effort still managing to hold onto fourth place in a much larger field than he is running in today. It will be intereting to see if he can get a comfortable enough lead through decent but not too torrid of fractions to be able to hold on at the end and beat H.H.! In any event, the payout will probably be poor all the way around if the race runs as most think it will.

But, it will be a very entertaining race to watch nonetheless.

Good Luck Booklet!

Have Fun with today's Big 3 Races!

cj
04-13-2002, 02:04 PM
I think drawing the outside at Kee could do him in, as the speed drawn inside of him will not give up the rail easily. Could be in for another fight for the lead.

CJ

Vinnie
04-13-2002, 03:18 PM
CJ,

How are you doing? You may be right, although just being only 6 out do you think that there is another horse in this race that can deal with him on the front end? If he gets out rather rapidly as he usually does, I don't foresee him experiencing too much difficulty in getting the lead. I think that it will be very interesting to see if he can hold Harlan's Holiday off at the end given the extra .5f distance to travel in this contest.

cj
04-13-2002, 03:40 PM
Hey Vinnie,

I'm not saying he can't make the lead, but I seriously doubt the other jocks will let it happen easily. He won't take my money at a fairly short price. Doubt I venture much on anyone in here, just watching for future reference. I wouldn't be surprised to see Straight Gin run a good one, but HH will be tough to deny.

CJ

FortuneHunter
04-13-2002, 05:06 PM
9 Minutes to Post: J Ward announces he and Oxley have been pointing for this G1 Bluegrass with Booklet all along. In his backyard or something.

Holding at 5/2. Time to get down.....

FH

JimG
04-13-2002, 06:19 PM
Harlan's Holiday ran a nice but slow race. Ward intimated Booklet ran the best he could but couldn't get the distance.

HH will likely be the co-favorite at least. I can think of one good reason to root for him. Someone other than Bailey, Stevens, McCarron, Day, and Chavez in the derby. Go Edgar Prado!

Jim

Observer
04-13-2002, 10:37 PM
It would be nice to see Prado win. But, I wouldn't mind seeing Pincay get back into the Derby winner's circle. Prado's still got a lot of years (and has the talent), but who knows when the trainers will give Pincay a shot again. Hey, who knows, maybe Bailey's on the phone with Frankel trying to get on Medaglia d'Oro with all his "years of experience."
;)