PDA

View Full Version : John Cheyney

sq764
02-25-2005, 11:17 AM
The more I think about what Cheyney did the other day, the more I think he should not only be suspended the rest of the year, but ultimately fired..

I don't know what's a bigger disgrace - what he did with that kid or the way the Atlantic 10 and Temple embarrassed themselves by not stepping to the plate with him and suspending his ass for the year..

Bobby
02-25-2005, 12:43 PM
shoulda been fired years ago.

yak merchant
02-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Can't fire him, that would be racist.

Dan Montilion
02-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Flash... John Chaney starring as Woody Hayes.

Dan Montilion

superfecta
03-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Flash... John Chaney starring as Woody Hayes.

Dan Montilionat least woody did the dirty work himself.I wish the authorities would step in a case like this and start charging these types of deeds as crimes.maybe that would put a halt to some of this type of action.Just because you are in a sporting activity doesn't mean you can commit a felony.

cj
03-01-2005, 05:11 AM
I agree, he needs to be fired.

I'm a little surprised at St. Joe's reaction to the lack of punishment for the kid. I don't think he should be punished with the possible exception of a few game suspension, not that he plays anyway.

Here is a young man given an order by a guy who basically controls his future. What happens to him if he ignores his coach? He won't be wearing a Temple jersey long is my guess.

Basically, what the coach did was wrong on two fronts. Of course first, his orders led a kid to being injured and missing the remainder of his senior season, which is terrible. Second, and just as bad in my opinion, is he put his own player, one of the very kids he should be looking out for and mentoring, in a no win, totally unfair situation.

Equally as reprehensible is the total lack of action on the part of Temple University. A three game suspension! Are you kidding me? I hope Temple and John Chaney are sued to high heaven. The injured kid was no NBA player, but he should get payed like he was now!

Valuist
03-01-2005, 09:34 AM
I think the administration at Temple is going to get a lot of heat if they don't fire him. This isn't going away. The injured kid's parents are talking about suing Chaney and Temple. I remember 10 years ago he threatened to kill John Calipari at a news conference so this isn't his first misstep.

BTW, Woody Hayes was a scumbag also.

sq764
03-01-2005, 09:43 AM
I think the administration at Temple is going to get a lot of heat if they don't fire him. This isn't going away. The injured kid's parents are talking about suing Chaney and Temple. I remember 10 years ago he threatened to kill John Calipari at a news conference so this isn't his first misstep.

BTW, Woody Hayes was a scumbag also.
I never knew that Chaney slapped a kid on the court a few years back too..

And (even though Sec probably has a Chaney poster), Chaney went on a diatribe about Bush and Iraq during a banquet, which was definitely not the appropriate place to do so..

He's got to go..

Valuist
03-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Barnett is another college coach who's in trouble. He managed to survive the first onslaught of allegations, but now there's more. At some point you have to think Colorado says "screw it, who needs this mess?"

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/8240100

toetoe
03-06-2005, 03:18 AM
Did anybody notice his preemptive self-suspension? Did he first look in the mirror and say, "If it happens again I WILL kill you?"