PDA

View Full Version : Jockey Switch Angle. Question

zerosky
02-25-2005, 09:13 AM
I was handicapping Santa Anitas Card for Friday...

In race three I have tentatively narrowed it down to
Ask for the Moon and Belle Ange. (Not very adventous I know)

My question is this. Espinoza was on Ask for the Moon Last out (27 Jan)
He now moves to Belle Ange. Gary Stevens drops in on Ask for the Moon.

Whats the Angle here....

I realise this might be a no brainer to some but my Jockey Knowledge is
fairly limited.

Thanks for your time.

Dave

so.cal.fan
02-25-2005, 10:12 AM
I noticed Gary Stevens is riding for Laura De Seroux in the 7th race as well today.....my guess would be Laura wanted Stevens on this horse.
The horse Belle Ange added a a 3/4 shoe last out, did not look very good in the paddock.....but ran a huge race. Don't know why Desormeaux doesn't ride her back, as he is riding today. Puzzler.....wish I could be of more help.
Often jockey switches don't mean as much as we give them credit for....but they do often enough to merit a bet.

zerosky
02-25-2005, 10:37 AM
Belle Ange Prepped well for that Race
then galloped out 10 days ago.. Big performance for sure
must have taken a lot out of the filly (I won't mention the B word)

Tending to side with Ask for the Moon.
Haven't reached race seven yet (Stevens for a Double?)

so.cal.fan
02-25-2005, 10:44 AM
I would tend to go with Ask For the Moon before Fongtastic......do you know the horse? Has crappy Time Form races from Newmarket and hasn't been very impressive here yet.

zerosky
02-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Clipped this from the Racing Post. Fongtastics last (and 2nd) UK race
7 furlong Maiden claimer. Should go a mile. (Although I still haven't reached Race 7 yet!)
>

The jockeys reported the ground on the fast side, but with a good covering of grass. While the time was nothing special, this could turn out to be a decent maiden. The field split into two equal groups and there wasn't a huge amount of pace on in the early stages. FONGTASTIC led them up the near side to make all, while Frith took them along on the far side.
Fongtastic made the improvement he was entitled to on his debut third over six furlongs here earlier this month. He had no problem with this extra furlong and trainer Brian Meehan feels there is more to come. Meehan suggested the Group 2 Champagne Stakes at Doncaster in September could be on the agenda for the scopey Dr Fong colt, who is worth keeping tabs on.
>

so.cal.fan
02-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Interesting.....we'll take a good look at him today.
Thanks for the report.

so.cal.fan
02-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Concerning Santa Anita turf racing?
Good article in this week's DRF Simulcast Weekly. America's Uphill Battle...Imports own Santa Anita's downhill turf racing.
If anyone has access to it online???? Would you mind sharing it with our foreign friends who may find it interesting reading?

zerosky
02-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Fongtastic certainly has done nothing to impress,
although he should get a decent workout today.

Its difficult to see past Littlebitofzip in this one,
provided the turf is playing fast. Race three should hold the clues...

46zilzal
02-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Kid is with his dad at a baseball game. Pitcher and catcher get together to talk. Son asks Dad: "What are they talking about dad?" Dad answers that they are deciding how to pitch to this batter. Close up (and this was in a movie about Dizzy Dean) Pitcher: "Still have that shotgun you wanted to sell?" Catcher: "yeah" Pitcher: "Well meet me after the game so we can close the deal."

MORAL: you never really know by secondary evidence.

zerosky
02-25-2005, 03:19 PM
sound advice...

In the late 18th Century the son of a recently deceased Gentleman/Jockey,
decided to write about his Famous Father`s exploits.

His innocence of pater's chicanery was neatly summed in the following extract...

"He was so great a master of the Art of Riding that he would often be beat
today, and within eight days lay a double wager on the same horses
and come off conquerour"

Plus ca Change...

zerosky
02-25-2005, 05:23 PM
speed beats class..

Europe whipped again...our horses are too polite to go rushing off like that!