PDA

View Full Version : PA- Avatar Change, Its on.

Suff
02-24-2005, 05:38 PM
PA

word came down from H--Q this morning. No more nicey-nicey with PA. Only acceptable time for cavorting with Enemey is Nov. to Feb.

Suff
02-24-2005, 05:47 PM
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- In coming up with a solution for the unveiling of their World Series championship rings, the Red Sox put together a three-pronged plan that they hope everyone will be pleased with.
The first public showing of the rings will happen during the pregame ceremony of the home opener against the Yankees, slated for April 11. That emotional day at Fenway Park will also include the raising of the first World Series championship banner since 1918.

When a published report last week indicated that the Sox were considering unveiling the rings at an event separate from Opening Day, the club was flooded, both by phone and e-mail, by furious reaction from the general public....................... I only called 3 times

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/news/bos_news.jsp?ymd=20050223&content_id=948768&vkey=spt2005news&fext=.jsp

Storm Cadet
02-24-2005, 06:00 PM
If that catcher was a true man, he would have removed his mask before mugging A-Rod...almost like a hockey player leaving his helmet on during a fight! Maybe he learned this from the old Bruins when they gooned it up on the Rangers in the 70's ;)

SC

keilan
02-24-2005, 10:25 PM
SC --Not many players were wearing helmets back in the 70's.

Can't figure why you guys south of the 49th even talk hockey or make references to it when you know almost nothing about the game. It would be like us talking about the NBA only about 10 times worse.

Most of you equate hockey to the WWF -- ignorance is bliss

GeTydOn
02-24-2005, 11:30 PM

So you mean they're not the same????
:confused:

kingfin66
02-25-2005, 01:08 AM

Can't figure why you guys south of the 49th even talk hockey or make references to it when you know almost nothing about the game. It would be like us talking about the NBA only about 10 times worse.

It must be rough for you folks not having a hockey season. Definitely the Canadian equivalent of the US not having football.

sq764
02-25-2005, 09:22 AM

We know all there is to know - it's boring as all hell, it can end tied and there's like 4 American born players in the league, and they're all goalies..

Storm Cadet
02-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Have a Labatts and chew on this one...the fight who I was referring to Suff about was in 1972 when the Rangers defenseman Dale Rolfe (who wore a helmet) was mugged by some members of the Bruins in the 1971-72 Stanley Cup. They took off his helmet and kicked the living crap out of Rolfe and he was never the same player again. It turned around the playoffs as the Rangers did not come to his aid (punked out).

Bruins won the Cup and Rangers probably had a better team with Eddie Giacomin and Gilles Villamure in the nets, with Park, Ratelle, Hadfield, et all. Bruins had Orr, Espo, Hodge, Cheevers...2 GREAT teams when hockey was good! Not this crap they throw at us now. I for one am glad there's no hockey.

Please don't think all of us south of the Niagara Falls don't know crap about hockey! I played college hockey, ref'ed it for 2 years, and was a long time Rangers season ticket holder.

keilan
02-25-2005, 10:19 AM
This is funny, your stories sound like someone who is all too familiar with Labatts --- go back and watch the fight again your memory has faded. You stated “some members of the Bruins team mugged Rolfe and took his helmet off and then preceded to kicked the living crap out of him while his team mates stood around and watched” (puked out). This did not happen as you have described but nice try.

If you played and understood the game I have no idea why you would write, “I for one am glad there's no hockey.” Do you have any idea why, how, who changed the game from the 70’s to its current state? Do you think Canada was responsible for these changes? Go ahead give me your best shot.

At what college did you play at and has anyone from there ever played in the show?

sq764
02-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Wow, I just thought of something that's actually more boring than hockey.. Hearing stories ABOUT hockey..

Storm Cadet
02-25-2005, 02:31 PM
From the Rangers WEBSITE!!!!

Led by Rod Gilbert, who eclipsed Bathgate's club scoring records, and his linemates Jean Ratelle and Vic Hadfield, the Rangers were again an NHL powerhouse. All three became All-Stars during the period as did defenseman Brad Park and goalie Ed Giacomin. Reliable two-way players like Pete Stemkowski, Steve Vickers and Walt Tkaczuk helped round out the team. In 1971-72, Hadfield became the first Ranger to score 50 goals in a season and that year the Rangers faced Boston in the Stanley Cup Finals, losing a tough six-game series.

From the Bruins site:
1971-72

Derek Sanderson scores seven of the Bruins' 18 short-handed goals. The Bruins finish atop the league for the second year in a row, this time with a 54-13-11 record for 119 points, a full ten points ahead of any other team. Phil Esposito scores 133 points to win his second consecutive Ross Trophy. Eddie Johnston collects four assists to break the record of most assists in a season by a goaltender. The Bruins defeat Toronto and St. Louis on the way to the Stanley Cup Finals, where Bobby Orr scored the Cup-winning goal for the second time in his career, beating the New York Rangers in six games. Orr becomes the first player to win the Conn Smythe trophy twice. Orr also wins his third consecutive Hart Trophy and his fifth consecutive Norris Trophy.

keilan
02-25-2005, 02:45 PM
What does this post have to do with our previous discussion?

You claimed that Rolfe was gang attacked by members of the Bruins while his team-mates stood around and watched as he had the living crap beaten out of him. That didn’t happen, do you want to try again?

Suff
02-25-2005, 03:14 PM
What does this post have to do with our previous discussion?

You claimed that Rolfe was gang attacked by members of the Bruins while his team-mates stood around and watched as he had the living crap beaten out of him. That didn’t happen, do you want to try again?

I think he was just busting my chops a bit. I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to get into the minutia of a 30 year old hockey fight? I don't like to see you guys butting heads over nothing.....

Kreed
02-25-2005, 05:44 PM
go play badminton .. leave hockey to the men.

JustRalph
02-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Wow, I just thought of something that's actually more boring than hockey.. Hearing stories ABOUT hockey..:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sq764
02-25-2005, 07:49 PM
go play badminton .. leave hockey to the men.
Badmitton players are even smart enough to know not to demand that kind of salary cap for a sport that no one gives a shit about..

Why do you think no one watches hockey??

WINMANWIN
02-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Unreal, Again Suff sums it up. Gents, Pls over a Hockey fight 30 yrs ago :bang: Suff, You must admit the Yanks made the better moves in the OFF SEASON. I mean, your team did SIGN David Wells, who has stated he doesn't like to pitch in Fenway, Your teams have WON in baseball and Football
this year.....Enjoy the Championship's, THE SOX SHOCKED THE WORLD
IN OCT, But this year is different, but you knew that alrdy. ;) P.S. watch
for Alan Garcia Saturday, he has some Live Mounts, question is, when to use him....... :bang:

Suff
02-25-2005, 09:39 PM
U Suff, You must admit the Yanks made the better moves in the OFF SEASON. I mean, your team did SIGN David Wells, who has stated he doesn't like to pitch in Fenway, Your teams have WON in baseball and Football

On Paper Yanks stack up the GIANT... but we have basically the same Lineup 1 thru 9. Pitching is a HUGE ?? mark. The Mets made better moves than the Sox did. They were razzing Pedro in the Boston Media for showing up at Mets camp early... because thats Phony of him. He's always late and his newfound enthusiasm will wear off. Sox have a couple of Sleepers in Spring Training.. On paper Yanks Look like they could win 120 ganes,,, Scary lineup thats for sure. Of Course once the season starts you play with a ball and bat.. not paper

IN the National League Pitchers Really only face 7 Big League hitters in the average Lineup.... Those last two or three guys that Randy Johnson could get out with his 1/2 best... do not exist in the American League. That amonts to 2 extra INNINGS per outing that Johnsn needs to Hurl. I'm real curious to see how he handles those extra innings. He's 41.. Maybe .. maybe not.

BIG RED
02-25-2005, 11:29 PM
I CAN'T WAIT !

SC, what's a pussie ?

toetoe
03-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Stormer,
Tell me about the Frozen Four. I'm sure you've attended, maybe even played in it. Heard the term on Bob Valvano's show, and I guess he's a big hockey guy. He's one of the classy non-screamers on radio. Endangered species.