PDA

View Full Version : Doctor of Journalism

chickenhead
02-24-2005, 04:05 PM
I was expecting someone to at least post SOMETHING to mark the man's passing.

Oh well.

R.I.P. H.S.T. You were an original.

Tom
02-24-2005, 04:07 PM
RIP, uncle Duke!

JustRalph
02-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah..... I am crying my eyes out over that one........

Kreed
02-24-2005, 05:54 PM
yeah JR, i detect your satire, and, we agree (i think) --- yeah he was way too
conservative 4 me to like. U know, SanFrancisco & NYC & Rolling Stone MaG ...
all those Red flags emblems .... I really did not know of him, but read the papers (NY Times & The Post) and since he was a "Elaine's" regular back when, and since I LOVE that restaurant (once a month) the articles about him caught MeEye .... he reads like a good-fun-kindaguy. Do you think He was Bad or unethical? --- is almost every issue a Lib vs a Con? Or can WE ever make peace like the Shites & The Sunnis ... oR have THEY, can THEY, make Peace?
I am a LIBERAL, DEMOCRAT, that's my description on myself. Yet, I ~~hate
BIG GOVT ... it's A BIG lie that Republicans like SMALL GOVT... since can YOU
even imagine how BIG our Govt is now under BUSH? Look at his tab!! This man is on a drunken binge (i would say "spending like a drunken sailor", but why associate Bush with being in any of the services?) --- in general, I think guys like me are VerY diiferent from guys like You, but like who cares anyways? My other posts points: GAS -- MEDICARE -- WEAK DOLLAR -- and
HUGE SS ISSUE costing TRILLIONS --- this is all BAD ECONOMICS plus BAD
BIG BIG GOVT. on both counts, I Object.

toetoe
02-24-2005, 10:42 PM
It's not Harry S. Truman, I know that. Who then, exactly?

superfecta
02-24-2005, 11:27 PM
hes just the second leg of the death trifecta to me....but he did live up to his name(just like Princess Di)but he bagged himself.

Tom
02-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Hunter S Thompson.

OTM Al
02-25-2005, 09:08 AM
He was an original to be sure. Don't agree with his lifestyle, but he was a very gifted writer. Even his straight journalism pieces before the 'Gonzo' years stand up with the best reporting I have read.