PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball?

sq764
02-24-2005, 01:40 PM
I have never played this, but wondered if other's have? And if so, if anyone was interested in putting our own league together..

http://fantasygames.mlb.com/baseball/fullseason/ultimate

Valuist
02-24-2005, 01:48 PM
I've played in one with a number of people from work. Only problem with MLB fantasy is its an everyday thing and the season is sooo long. People start losing interest around June. I think the NFL is perfect for fantasy leagues. Just set your lineups once a week.

cj
02-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Yahoo runs pretty decent free games if you are in it as a fan. I play those, but I don't play fantasy sports for cash.

Valuist
02-24-2005, 04:08 PM
The league I was in was a Yahoo league. Always find out the scoring specifics beforehand. One year the commissioner loaded up his team with closers, and saves, ERA and WHIP were all weighted heavily while strikeouts and wins weren't that significant. Seems almost redundant to use both ERA and WHIP as criteria. I know they aren't exactly the same thing but they generally are correlated.

sq764
02-24-2005, 04:21 PM
The more I hear you guys talk about it, the more I realize I don't have that kinda time to follow a fantasy team closely enough to be competitive..

Maybe I will just bet some Pennant and World Series futures and be done with it

kingfin66
02-25-2005, 01:11 AM
I played fantasy baseball for many years. Once I had kids it got harder. Then, I got more into horseracing, and it got harder still. It was very liberating to not have to spend my time trying to track schedules, pitching rotations and up to the minute injuries for 30 MLB teams. I am happily "retired" from playing fantasy sports. I would much rather be handicapping or spending time with my family (in reverse order of course).

kenwoodallpromos
02-25-2005, 07:07 PM
If I play I'm taking everyone in the last year of their contract.