02-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Your link shows:

CHESSOPOLIS
[Page Not Found]

Click here for Chessopolis home page

NDJ

Suff
02-23-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm not sure if he gets out here everyday... As a Suggestion, you could send him an e-mail or private message.

Find his name in a post, click on it... and the messaging options present themselves....

rokitman
02-24-2005, 01:32 PM
The Chessopolis link to the his charts program has been dead for some time now. Gotta make a email request to GT now.

GameTheory
02-24-2005, 01:56 PM
The Chessopolis link to the his charts program has been dead for some time now. Gotta make a email request to GT now.Actually, I am no longer distributing those programs at all, so that won't do you any good either...

mikejlb
02-25-2005, 04:03 AM
I saw your message about not distributing the charts programs any longer and I wanted to take the time to thank you again for your programs. I have used them for a long time and sincerely appreciate your efforts.
Regards,
...mike

First_Place
03-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Why not, GT?

FP

ranchwest
03-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Actually, I am no longer distributing those programs at all, so that won't do you any good either...

Recently, when downloading with Chartget, many of the charts are truncated. Is anyone else having that problem?

I am using v. 1.53. Is that the last version?

Can anyone recommend any other means of obtaining results, either with or without the broad range of data available with charts? One that is more consistent in providing the data?

GameTheory
03-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Several people have reported that, but I probably will not be repairing the program. I can't even seem to find the source code right now -- it may be lost....

sjk
03-04-2005, 11:10 AM
I do not use the chartget program but I think I can infer from the question where it draws the data from. There have been several days recently when the full charts were not available until later in the morning of the following day. You might want to wait until a later hour before getting the charts or even better look to see if they are completely there first.

BillW
03-04-2005, 12:36 PM
I do not use the chartget program but I think I can infer from the question where it draws the data from. There have been several days recently when the full charts were not available until later in the morning of the following day. You might want to wait until a later hour before getting the charts or even better look to see if they are completely there first.

sjk,

Which charts are you gathering? If you are grabbing the Bris Instant charts I have a question for you (otherwise please ignore :) ):

I have been relying on the "Click here for today's latest Instant Charts" link on the Bris Instant Chart page to confirm that the charts are complete. Do you know if their individual race number link's existance is an accurate indicator on that page? (i.e. I haven't been actually looking at the files)

Thanks,

Bill

sjk
03-04-2005, 12:55 PM
BillW,

I have never used the Bris Instant Charts. Sorry I can't help you with that.

ranchwest
03-05-2005, 10:40 AM

Yes, the charts are on the Equibase site in their entirety.

I usually run ChartGet sometime between 6am and 9am.

It seems as though the Equibase files sometimes have some extraneous characters that are interrupting the download through ChartGet, but, of course, I cannot confirm that theory.

Zaf
03-05-2005, 10:55 AM
In most cases if I try back the next day , the charts will download correctly.

ZAFONIC

stuball
03-05-2005, 12:26 PM
I ALSO USE THE DOWNLOADER AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD BEFORE 9 OR 10 IT CUTS THE CHARTS SHORT....

I TRY AGAIN LATER AND IT CORRECTS THE PROBLEM.....SOMETHING THEY
ARE DOING ON THE OTHER END.

MAYBE IT WILL CORRECT ITSELF AS TIME GOES ON. MEANWHILE YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT SIZE OF FILE TO CHECK FOR SHORT FILES.....

GREAT PROGRAM HOPE IT KEEPS WORKING.....

STUBALL

sjk
03-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Yes, the charts are on the Equibase site in their entirety.

I usually run ChartGet sometime between 6am and 9am.

It seems as though the Equibase files sometimes have some extraneous characters that are interrupting the download through ChartGet, but, of course, I cannot confirm that theory.

You might check the charts at www.ntra.com.

ranchwest
03-07-2005, 12:21 AM
You might check the charts at www.ntra.com.

Thanks, that might possibly help me... I just haven't figured out exactly how yet. lol