PDA

View Full Version : Meadowlands Mavens

speedking
02-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Is anyone familiar with a web site, www.meadowlandsmavens.com (http://www.meadowlandsmavens.com)? Supposed to be a pretty good handicapping service run by a couple full-time harness players and insiders. I don't follow harness racing much anymore, but I was urged to check this out by someone with a pretty good opinion of Freehold and the Med. I just can't understand why anyone would share valuable knowledge and info for what essentially amounts to pocket change. Anyway, the name did not appear after a search on the board here, so if you're interested, check it out.

speedking

melman
02-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Hey Speed, you state that you don't understand why someone would put up info or picks for next to nothing. Have you wondered about cj's pace figs site?? Seems to me he offers a ton for very little. As for the Med Mavens site I do know one of the people mentioned there. Chuck Newman is a nice guy and been around racing a long time. Hope he posts here at the site. Seems like there prices for the info are pretty steep. I note that of the free picks being listed as winners if you add the win prices together for all three don't think you come up to $10.00. If they can attrack some business good for them but I don't think I will be signing up anytime soon. Maybe their regular "for a fee" picks are better prices and could be why you have heard positive feedback.

speedking
02-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey Speed, you state that you don't understand why someone would put up info or picks for next to nothing. Have you wondered about cj's pace figs site?? Seems to me he offers a ton for very little.

Melman,

You've got me there. I don't know how large the pools are at the Med, but thought that a good, legitimate service would be counterproductive to the principals, whereas the larger pools at the 4 tracks that CJ currently offers for free are not being impacted by his product or followers, YET.

I barely have enough time covering the TB's, but I put the site out there in case any of the harness guys are interested.

speedking

sq764
02-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Is anyone familiar with a web site, www.meadowlandsmavens.com (http://www.meadowlandsmavens.com)? Supposed to be a pretty good handicapping service run by a couple full-time harness players and insiders. I don't follow harness racing much anymore, but I was urged to check this out by someone with a pretty good opinion of Freehold and the Med. I just can't understand why anyone would share valuable knowledge and info for what essentially amounts to pocket change. Anyway, the name did not appear after a search on the board here, so if you're interested, check it out.

speedking
Speed, I know that some people just enjoy doing the site AND it sharpens your handicapping. We have been doing our site for over 2 years now, and it's been essentially free the entire time. It has definitely sharpened my harness capping along the way..

speedking
02-22-2005, 10:37 AM
sq764,

I know where you're coming from and I hope everybody appreciates your hard work. I'm guilty of a hypocritical statement because in the pre-WWW and internet days I did many seminars and shared a ton of info without any regard to compensation. Good luck and continued success with your endeavor. I'll take a quick look at your site before I head out.

speedking

sq764
02-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Speed, I guess it's a labor of love, of sorts...

And quite honestly, it forces me to do my capping ahead of time and be prepared.. When I go to the track on Sat night, I go on our site and print out our site selections and feel confident..

Doc
02-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey sq764,

Is meadowlandsmavens.com your web site?

Doc

sq764
02-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Hey sq764,

Is meadowlandsmavens.com your web site?

Doc
No, it is not.