PDA

View Full Version : Greater Good Speed Fig

Bobby
02-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Does anyone have any idea what speed figure Greater Good got for his win in the SW stakes at OP?

I do know that equibase charts said he spotted the field 2 lengths b/c of a bad start. Mckee says 3 or 4. Anyway, it was the fastest time of the meet at 8f.

cj
02-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Looks like an 85 Beyer.

I'd bookmark this page, its pretty good for tracking the preps:

http://www.drf.com/tc/kentuckyderby/2005/caps.html

JPinMaryland
02-21-2005, 05:13 PM
A good tip there. Thx. Is there anything like this for daily track variants? Either Beyer's or someone elses? Even if not for daily variants how about a track variant for major prep races? Anyone or any site tracking this?

As you say, variants play a MAJOR role for BSF as well as most others. It seems to me I could cut out a lot of the extraneous info in DRF etc. If I only had the track variant. I can use the fractional info, right from the news paper, plug in the daily variant and that's all I need for the essential final time figs. (not counting trip, trouble)

cj
02-21-2005, 05:16 PM
If I only had the track variant. I can use the fractional info, right from the news paper, plug in the daily variant and that's all I need for the essential final time figs. (not counting trip, trouble)

You are on the right track, but I wouldn't trust using the final variant for the pace fractions, even if it were available. It works ok at the tracks with nice weather, but wind and a few other factors can wreak havoc with pace numbers if you try it this way.

JPinMaryland
02-21-2005, 06:15 PM
are you saying that there is no compilation for daily variants for the tracks? That seems so lame. Good business sense for DRF, to be sure, but still lame.

Suff
02-21-2005, 06:20 PM
but I wouldn't trust using the final

Even then.... This Figure/Variant has to be classified a "Moving target" anyway. It started raining (heavy?) during the Post Parade and the race was run on a Fast/Wet. They changed the Track Condition for the very next race. Without knowing exactly what impact the rain had in that short a time.. I would think a small ? question mark in either direction has to be considered.

cj
02-22-2005, 02:47 AM
No question about is suff, its not an easy game. Small changes in weather, wind, etc can have huge impacts on any variants.