PDA

View Full Version : SA 6th race ?

BIG RED
02-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Maybe I can get some good input from you guys and gals.

Was just looking over Santa Anita's 6th race, 6.5 turf. It has 11 entries and not one of them has ran the distance on turf. How would you go about capping this race. Would you check closest to distance on turf? Would you cap those who ran 6.5 on dirt? Or would you come up with something else? How about simply passing? I just think it odd with 11 horses not one has run a 6.5 T.(pp wise that I have)

( I will pass myself on a win bet, but the 2(6-1) and 10(15-1) look good to put in an exotic play)

cj
02-21-2005, 11:56 AM
For races "down the hill" I like horses that have decent numbers at one mile, and have shown speed doing it. The 1 and 5 seem to fit the bill here. Are they actually going to run on the turf today?

Buddha
02-21-2005, 11:56 AM
I think that no one has run it because it is an odd distance. SA is the only track that I can remember seeing a 6.5 turf run, and that is an odd run in itself since they have to run downhill the first 1/4 or 3/8s of a mile, and then make a small right hand turn, a sweeping left hand turn, cross the main track, and then run down the stretch to the wire

Speed Figure
02-21-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm sure that race is off the turf. Were having alot of RAIN right now. :(