Bill Finley nails it to the wall

http://espn.go.com/horse/columns/misc/1995466.html

Kreed
02-21-2005, 09:30 AM
thE Finley article is very good & sensible. The only problem I see is training
at private facilities & shipping in. I think it should be mandatory for ALL
trainers to log every drug etc they give their horses & if requested to, print
that log out. most trainers have bookkeepers & computers & this could give
rise to a service industry that logs all this stuff for trainers.

PaceAdvantage
02-21-2005, 05:20 PM
BTW, this story was posted on the PaceAdvantage.Com home page (news section) on 2/20....

I'm not sure people are aware of the news features on the home page, which is why I am posting this here. Not to take anything away from Karlskorner posting the link...that's still cool....

Anyway, sorry for the shameless self-promotion....

Carry on...

Figman
02-21-2005, 05:28 PM
PA
A suggestion - Put the NEWS link as the very first item before General Handicapping Discussion. I think you would be surprised at the results.

Suff
02-21-2005, 05:30 PM
I think alot of folks have the Message board portion of your site Bookmarked and never even see the Home Page... Plus.. Your customers that come to you via other partnerships donlt even know you have General racing forums, contests et al... You may want to consider a More descript link to the home page .. and/or get something going in the general Handicapping forum that Links to the home page and other forums easier...

PaceAdvantage
02-21-2005, 05:38 PM
PA
A suggestion - Put the NEWS link as the very first item before General Handicapping Discussion. I think you would be surprised at the results.

That's not what I'm talking about. The news forum is where it should be, buried. It actually should be invisible, but in order for people to browse the archive that is ALSO on the home page, it must be visible. The news forum only exists because the HOME PAGE has to pull stories from somewhere....

What I'm talking about is here, just click the link:

HOME PAGE (www.paceadvantage.com)

ratpack
02-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Good Article but a couple of things come to mind.

I know it have been brought up before but it may be time to discuss a national governing body for Horse racing rules. This State by State stuff is really tough on the Bettor who lets face it is the Bread and Butter of the game.

This Organization could than have a national computer database of drug testing, drug violation, Vet procedures, whatever.

It could also organize some of the rules like in Calif a First Time Starter has to have at least 3 published works before it races, it other states it does not.

I would love to hear some of the other pros and cons, I myself am just a bettor and have no concept what a national type body would do to owners and trainers but would love to hear.