PDA

View Full Version : Tracks with dog-race simulcasting

jorgie
02-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Does anyone live by (or know of) a track (dogs or horses) that offers a large selection of simulcasting on dog races?? I know Wonderland, Phoenix (dog tracks), and Sam Houston offer tons of weekly dog races. Any others?????

Suff
02-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Does anyone live by (or know of) a track (dogs or horses) that offers a large selection of simulcasting on dog races?? I know Wonderland, Phoenix (dog tracks), and Sam Houston offer tons of weekly dog races. Any others?????

Lakes region Greyhound in NH boasts the Largest SIMO Menu in the country

and you can open a Phone account with them as well. They're one of the ones involved in the NY issues.

http://www.simobet.com/Simulcast_Schedule/simulcast_schedule.html

Raynham Park in MA has a Big Menu... 30+ on the weekends.

Lincoln Park in RI has a Big weekend menu as well.

I

Buddha
02-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Mountaineer offers puppy simulcasting, but not a large amount if you ask me. Hollywood, Palm Beach, Southland, Tri State, Wheeling, Phoenix, Derby Lane, are all the main ones. Maybe a couple that I am missing, but that is about it.

Zman179
02-20-2005, 12:26 PM
Plainridge Racecourse in Massachusetts offers wagering on any horse track that provides a signal. Dog tracks are a little more limited due to simulcast laws that protect in-state tracks when they're in operation.

Yesterday, they took 47 tracks. Today, only 33 (a slow day).

www.866winline.com

Figman
02-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Z-Man,
It must be a New Englang thing. One state up from Mass. in New Hampshire, Hinsdale took 48 tracks plus conducted two full live greyhound programs.
http://www.hinsdalegreyhound.com/hgpsched.pdf

Pace Cap'n
02-20-2005, 07:53 PM
The Woodlands in Kansas City has live dog & horse racing, and simulcasts for both.

Zman179
02-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Fig, I only wish that it were a New York thing too.
NY simulcasting is an absolute joke.

fouroneone
02-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Is dog racing Legal in NY or NJ????

I know Autotote (CT OTB) carries some dog simulcasting their schedule is at http://www.jaialai.com/

Zman179
02-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Nope, dog racing is not permitted in NY or NJ. In the Northeast, only the States of NH, MA, CT and RI permit it.

Funny how Connecticut OTB retained the domain jaialai.com. Man, you have no idea how much I miss Bridgeport Jai-Alai. Spent quite a few school days there.

Steve 'StatMan'
02-21-2005, 07:48 PM
In Kenosha, Wisconsin (SE corner of the state, between Milwaukee & Chicago), Dairyland Park races dogs, plus offers simulcasting on both Dogs and Horses.

http://www.dairylandgreyhoundpark.com/

IRISHLADSTABLE
02-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Nope, dog racing is not permitted in NY or NJ. In the Northeast, only the States of NH, MA, CT and RI permit it.

Funny how Connecticut OTB retained the domain jaialai.com. Man, you have no idea how much I miss Bridgeport Jai-Alai. Spent quite a few school days there.

Zman,
Loved it also. The drive over the Whitestone Bridge heading North on I-95. Used to go to Milford & Bridgeport.

Jimmy

Suff
02-22-2005, 11:03 AM

Back in the day... a AA Purse at Wonderland was worth $2500 to the winner. Nowadays its worth $450. Wonderland was the (one of) premier Dog Tracj in the country. They used to run the 100 thousand dollar "Grady Sprint" every year. Dogs would ship in from all over the country. Imagine "shippers" in dog racing... seems so far fetched now. But it was big.. real big back in the early to mid 80's. Wonderland is less than a Mile from Suffolk Downs... and doing the day suffolk card and the night wonderland card was standard operating procedure.

Nowadays you really should be armed to go to wonderland. Four Guys got stabbed there the other Night.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=68287
4 stabbed in Wonderland club lot

This happens over there a couple of times a Month. When Steve Crist was here for his Book Signing last summer... He looked at me and rolled his eyes and said.. "Geez has wonderland changed huh?"

But I remember the Good days.. Huge crowds, Great Restuarants and Clubs, and the rare "Mixed crowd"... Women.!!.. There actually used to be alot of single women that would go over and into the Clubs on the first and 2nd floor clubhouse.

The largest single hit I ever had on any Parimutual was at Wonderland. 19-1 shot I had up and down in everything --Tris , super, quinella, perfecta... all $5.00 base bets. Lived on that hit for 2 months.

bobbytabb
02-22-2005, 11:22 AM
I know the Florida greyhound tracks carry just about everything. Hollywood and Flagler seem to carry every dogtrack, harness and t-bred track running on a daily basis from noon to 1-2AM. Palm Beach Kennel Club brings in a ton everyday.

Cloud man
02-22-2005, 02:46 PM
I would throw Retama Park in San Antonio into the mix they have a pretty extensive simulcasting menu. Tucson greyhound park has a really extensive greyhound offerings. Unfortunately I'm stuck in El Paso the armpit of Texas and have to cross the border into Mexico to get my greyhound fix.

AQUEBUCKS
02-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Southland Greyhound Park, in West Memphis, Arkansas. Used to go back in 89/90 when I lived in Memphis, Tn. They had a huge daily handle back then (without simulcasting) and I image they've ventured into the thorouhgbred/trotters game as well. Huge crowds daily.

Aquebucks

fouroneone
02-22-2005, 03:58 PM
I know the Florida greyhound tracks carry just about everything. Hollywood and Flagler seem to carry every dogtrack, harness and t-bred track running on a daily basis from noon to 1-2AM. Palm Beach Kennel Club brings in a ton everyday.

Dont they have a dog track in jacksonville?

toetoe
02-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Bay Meadows, Friday nights. Dachsund racing. Allegedly faster than mules or Arabians. One more thing --- Tony Calo.