PDA

View Full Version : Belmont At The Big A 2024 Spring/Summer Meet

IRISHLADSTABLE
01-30-2024, 08:30 PM
https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/news/nyra-announces-stakes-schedule-for-the-2024-belmont-at-the-big-a-spring/summer-meet

Saratoga
01-31-2024, 08:02 AM
https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/news/nyra-announces-stakes-schedule-for-the-2024-belmont-at-the-big-a-spring/summer-meet

Thx

This will give Saratoga a big boost in their numbers this year

:headbanger:

the little guy
01-31-2024, 10:29 AM
Thx

This will give Saratoga a big boost in their numbers this year

:headbanger:

Based on what?

Saratoga
01-31-2024, 02:32 PM
Based on what?

More attendance and handle.....

People will make more trip up North while Belmont is under construction...

the little guy
01-31-2024, 02:56 PM
More attendance and handle.....

People will make more trip up North while Belmont is under construction...

Other than BS weekend, which obviously will bring a lot of business upstate, the rest of the Saratoga meet is the same as always. Why would this be better?

The only thing that matters is weather. That's it.

Saratoga
01-31-2024, 02:58 PM
Other than BS weekend, which obviously will bring a lot of business upstate, the rest of the Saratoga meet is the same as always. Why would this be better?

The only thing that matters is weather. That's it.

No arguing with you....

Your always right....

I'll return to this after Saratoga's meet...

then I can shove it up your XXX!!!

the little guy
01-31-2024, 03:22 PM
No arguing with you....

Your always right....

That's your response? What am I missing? I think I asked a fair question.

the little guy
01-31-2024, 03:38 PM
No arguing with you....

Your always right....

By the way....I work for NYRA. I hope you're right!

Geno_Gino
01-31-2024, 05:16 PM
By the way....I work for NYRA. I hope you're right!

What's ur opinion as to whether people would travel upstate to SPAC to see holographic representations of Jerry, Bobby, and Phil -- stoned out of their gourds -- playing songs from 50-plus years ago?

PhantomOnTour
01-31-2024, 05:25 PM
What's ur opinion as to whether people would travel upstate to SPAC to see holographic representations of Jerry, Bobby, and Phil -- stoned out of their gourds -- playing songs from 50-plus years ago?

:lol:
oh boy

the little guy
01-31-2024, 05:47 PM
:lol:
oh boy

I'm kind of bummed as I had though Bob and Phil were still alive.

Just when I was getting over Garcia.

Brass Hat
02-01-2024, 01:17 PM
I haven't seen a thread on this, forgive me if I've missed it, but supposedly there was a Bloodhorse article stating that the admission for the 4 day Belmont Stakes weekend at Saratoga was $90, no alcohol allowed to be brought in. What effect will the no alcohol rule have on attendance?

castaway01
02-01-2024, 01:41 PM
I'm kind of bummed as I had though Bob and Phil were still alive.

Just when I was getting over Garcia.

Just saw Dead and Company will be the next band playing the Sphere. If you're just getting over Jerry I'm not anticipating you're heading out there, but some fans were really excited about it.

Sheffwed
02-01-2024, 02:13 PM
Just saw Dead and Company will be the next band playing the Sphere. If you're just getting over Jerry I'm not anticipating you're heading out there, but some fans were really excited about it.

will that include Holographic Jerry at the Sphere?

they are calling it Dead Forever after all, now that would be something, that really would be something

I wonder how many racetracks hosted the Dead or similar groups like Phish - NYRA missed out on an entire generation of Long Island rock and roll heads by not hosting more concerts in that category that instead used the Nassau Coliseum back in the old days (good old days?) - instead concerts at Belmont always seemed much more insipid

the little guy
02-01-2024, 03:03 PM

I'm ambivalent about Dead and Company, but hear the Sphere is pretty amazing. A friend saw U2 there. I have another friend going to see Phish there in April. I would go more for that, but it doesn't look great from a timing perspective, so yet another thing I'll have to live without:-)

lex
02-01-2024, 03:54 PM
The important question here is do I need to get down to the Big A for a last visit this year?

Saratoga
02-01-2024, 07:47 PM
The important question here is do I need to get down to the Big A for a last visit this year?

Belmont will be ready by 2026...you have some time

lex
02-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Thanks

Saratoga
02-02-2024, 12:31 PM
Thanks

NP....

the sad part is that AQU might be the 3rd track to close down in next 2 years

:pout: