PDA

View Full Version : Before I start

kev
02-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Before I start doing track profiles, like where's the winner's position and beaten lengths at certain calls of the race. Has ( and I'm sure someone has ) anyone seen something by doing a TP, where they got something good out of it. Like maybe Fair Grounds is not so kind to front runner's and so on. I know people talk about this track A is good for closer and their just going on wacthing races over the years and not doing the study. I have about a year of charts to work with. Better yet, is there someone selling ( or free ) track profiles and could save me some time? Thanks.

betovernetcapper
02-17-2005, 09:02 PM
In creating a surface model more recent information tends to trump older data. I look at charts from the last 2-3 days to try to uncover some type of bias.

keilan
02-17-2005, 09:19 PM
You'll never gain any experience or build a foundation to work from by looking at others peoples work.

ratpack
02-17-2005, 09:22 PM
This may help

Cynthia Publishing has what they call their WMF. They have a chart they give out free on the home page.

www.cynthiapublishing.com

I use All in One #6 and I get it for each race per model built but the basic is a

WMF at

6f of 150 or higher is speed favor 50 or less is closer
routes 125 or higher is speed favor 25 or less is closer

andicap
02-18-2005, 01:41 AM
You'll never gain any experience or build a foundation to work from by looking at others peoples work.

Oh yeah? It got me through high school.

:D

Brian Flewwelling
02-18-2005, 11:38 AM
I am just about to do the same with my database. Tell me the factors you would like to see and we can both benefit.

Fleww

kitts
02-18-2005, 01:39 PM
I agree with Ratpack. The WMF offered by Cynthia Publishing can be very predictive at times.