PDA

View Full Version : War Emblem SOLD!

Observer
04-11-2002, 03:49 PM
Looks like Baffert will have a horse for the Kentucky Derby, as the Thoroughbred Corp. has purchased Illinois Derby winner War Emblem, and will send him on to Churchill Downs. His previous connections had intended to pass on the Derby. Gotta love these last ditch puchasing efforts by connections, and got to wonder why, if the prior connections thought they had something special, would they sell?

bdhsheets
04-11-2002, 05:34 PM
Perhaps the Prince made an offer Russell Reinaman couldn't refuse. He's getting up in his years $million plus pays alotta bills ;)
Just a thought.

Observer
04-11-2002, 05:48 PM
As the saying goes, "For the right price, everything is for sale."
:rolleyes:

JustRalph
04-12-2002, 01:45 AM
Wow....I like that Idea. Just what we need in the Derby, another big pace fiasco like last year. (Sarcasm marks here) I made nice change on War Emblem in the Ill. Derby. For you Equisim fans, ES picked him to win by 7.3 lengths I believe. If you check the chart I think they used 6.8 lengths. It was easy money. I don't know about the KY Derby though. War emblem looked like he could go some more. I love front runners up to about 1 mile. But the Derby is a whole new frontier. If you are trip handicapper, the speed horses may benefit from a better trip in the Derby. It doesn't seem like the crowd for this year is the kind that can overcome a bad trip either. It is going to be interesting.