PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Profits Pro v.3.0

Maxspa
02-16-2005, 07:16 PM
All,
While surfing the net I came up with an interesting web site www.sedonaconcern.com. Lightning Profits Pro v 3.0 was offered for $505. They had some thumbnail sketches regarding the program so I double clicked one. LO and behold, here is a program that has many of the same options as Power-On-Line. The site had an established Bulletin Board that didn't have any 2005 entries. Is there anyone familiar with this program ???
Maxspa

Harmonicaslim
02-16-2005, 07:46 PM
I don't have Lightning Profits, but know of this guy. He's a programer in PA who did software for Charles Blaskower's methods and also did PHQS and some others for RPM. Don't know if Lightning Profits is good but I do know he's an honest and responsive fella when I had software questions.

Slim

Diamond K
02-16-2005, 08:51 PM
His name is Mel Shrawder and he is the programmer for Power On-line. Mel is a very nice person and extremely helpful with any questions you may have concerning POL. He also wrote his own program which is the one you are referring to. I had a question concerning Power On-line and he wasn't in, phoned me back as soon as he became available and spent about a half hour or more explaining all I wanted to know about the program.

I don't know about his program but I can assure you he will stand behind it.

Maxspa
02-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Guys,
Thanks for taking the time to write a couple of informative notes regarding Lightning Profits Pro. I have read about most software offerings on the web but missed this one completely. I guess it really points out the type of market, or lack of, for handicapping software the past couple of years. Software purchasers now are a bit more cautious. They are just not going to buy any new program unless they can effectively utilize it for a profit.
Maxspa

ratpack
02-16-2005, 10:12 PM
I had a very early version of LP but I can attest to Mel's availability to answer questions I had by phone and by email at the time.

Sorry can't really remember much about it besides it was a very early version and probably does not resemble todays much.

I think Mel use to program for Console, one of the reasons I was scared to get the URTI was because Zambuto programmed it, nothing personal aganist Joe it just I had a nightmare with Zambutos program

Maxspa
02-16-2005, 10:20 PM
RatPack,
From the available web site information, it doesn't look much different than Power-ON-Line. That's not really a negative but at $505 a copy it makes one want a helluva lot more information and some sort of program testing as well.
Thanks for taking the time to share info.
Maxspa

Maxspa
02-19-2005, 08:35 AM
Guys,
I guess I must have offended Mel because he has not responded. Perhaps he is skeptical about what I'll write about his program. I would still like Mel to give us information about Lightning Pro. Who knows he may even sell a copy or two.
Maxspa

Harmonicaslim
02-19-2005, 09:45 AM
I agree with Diamond K. Never met a more helpful guy in this business. (or most others for that matter.)

Slim

Maxspa
03-16-2005, 08:19 AM
All,
Thanks to John I finally got a response form Mel Shrauder regarding Lightnng Pro. He has had serious computer problems and was unable to respond. So you fellows are right on about Mel he is customer oriented and more than willing to help out.
Maxspa