PDA

View Full Version : Wrzeszcz: What the fawww..?

JPinMaryland
02-16-2005, 05:48 AM
Did anyone have money on this race at Fairgrounds? What is your opinion of the placings?

ceejay
02-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I had the 10 and the 6 (and the also-ran 2) on my P4 ticket. Whan the race finised live I thought that the 6 won. On replay I wasn't so sure, and was thinking (or hoping?) 10. I would have won either way, but the 10 obviously was better for me than the 6.

I never saw the photo. Did you JP?

Valuist
02-16-2005, 12:05 PM
I thought the 6 won it but when its that close it seems like the outside horse usually gets it.

midnight
02-16-2005, 01:02 PM
I saw a similar one at Golden Gate on the last race of the day Sunday. Even TVG couldn't believe they gave the win to #1 Literally Quick. It looked like #2 Solongfarewell won by almost a neck. They talked about it for almost an hour afterwards.

JPinMaryland
02-16-2005, 01:54 PM
I didnt see the photo but only bad quality ESPN tv show of the finish. I was surpised because MOss said it looked like the other got it and I dont think he would have said that if he didnt have good reason too. I could not tell...

Wasnt the photo conclusive?

Jeff P
02-17-2005, 02:46 AM
Even TVG couldn't believe they gave the win to #1 Literally Quick. It looked like #2 Solongfarewell won by almost a neck. They talked about it for almost an hour afterwards.

I saw this one too. One thing that has always flat bothered me about watching races on TV is camera placement. Why not set up the camera used for live race video so that it provides the viewer a straight line of sight aimed right at the wire? Why in the world would any racetrack put the camera anyplace else? How hard a concept can this be for track management everywhere to grasp? Am I the only one that feels this way?

The one circuit I know of that gets it is Arlington - Hawthorne . Both these tracks have a camera right on the wire. After each close finish they show a slow motion (frame by frame if need be) of the last few jumps to the wire. I really like that.