PDA

View Full Version : MaxCapper!

Maxspa
02-14-2005, 08:38 AM
All,
There's a new handicapping program being offered on E-Bay. It's called Max Capper. The developer has done his homework because in his pitch, he mentions that the software will help you in the analysis of the race not pick winners. Then, after I wrote an e-mail, he does mention in a test of 1300 races it won at a 14% rate. Perhaps I 've bought so many programs they named this one after me------YEA RIGHT! If anyone buys and tests it, let us know what your opinion is!!!
Maxspa

JimG
02-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Hi Maxspa,

Did you notice in the second inquiry on ebay that he said the TSN procaps file did not have a power rating, therefore the software would not be effective with it as the bris drf file? Only problem with that answer is the Procaps file does have a TSN power rating. As the author of the software, you would think he would know that. Also, if the power rating is that important, it most likely picks alot of chalk.

Jim

headhawg
02-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Jim,

I did notice that about his reply. You mentioned in another post about program jumping and I'm not even tempted with this one. :)

No website, no demo, no way. Take a big pass.

Although like Maxspa, would be interested in any findings from any suck...I mean...'capper that chooses to spend -- what was it -- $250?? Good luck.

HH

NoDayJob
02-14-2005, 01:22 PM
:D $250.00 and no demo? Yikes! :D

NDJ

Maxspa
02-14-2005, 01:57 PM
All,
I took a real longshot with the SOS Sprints Program and was more than pleasantly surprised with the results. We are starting to get more people involved in racing software: There is a group from Poultney, Vermont that have advertised three programs on E-Bay. They are Sartin figure based and provide some database study as well. Finally a group from Albany, New York offers databases from the past two years and their study reports for some of the major tracks.
Jim, I read retort regarding the BRIS Power number and you're probably right on target.
Maxspa

John
02-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Max, I jumped on e-bay last night and asked more questions, like money back.

also seems to me to be a data entry software. I asked that and when I get the answers I will post.

Maxspa
02-21-2005, 07:20 PM
All,
I purchased MaxCapper. I will post an evaluation as soon as I have time to review the operation and effectiveness of the program.
Maxspa

John
02-25-2005, 10:42 AM
MAX,

Good luck with MaxCapper, Please let us know your findings.

Maxspa
02-25-2005, 12:47 PM
All,
1. No data entry required-BRIS or TSN(Procaps) downloads are compatible.
2. There is no Demo but a free copy of MaxCapper Help System is offered.
3. They will refund any dissatisfied customer.
4. Future upgrades will be provided at no charge to Pace Advantage
members should they decide to purchase MaxCapper.
5. They will be receptive to user suggestions, then integrate them into
the product and return them to their customer base in new releases
at no charge.

The above information is in reponse to questions on the board.
Maxspa

Maxspa
02-25-2005, 01:03 PM
All,
I purchased MaxCapper on e-bay. My review is purely my reaction to the program and is not in any way affiliated with Adkcoders the developers of the software. How I use MaxCapper to get selections is based upon the software analysis section. Ten handicappers could approach this software in ten different ways to get choices. My approach, good or otherwise, is strictly my interpretation of the software's data.
The plan is to provide selections for fifteen racing days at Gpx.See the selection forum starting today!
Tomorrow I will discuss one of the three methods from the MaxCapper analysis section
My hope is that others on this board will review other software programs so we all can benefit.
Maxspa

John
02-25-2005, 06:15 PM
MAX,

I am waiting with baited breath.[ Especially the part that has a
programming language called 'Horsetalk' (beta) that allows even a novice programmer, like me, to develop their own systems.]

Maxspa
02-26-2005, 12:10 PM
All,
I'll quote the work file explanation of WorkAce. "The WorkAce Report identifies all of MaxCapper's WorkAce selections on a day's card. The WorkAce score is highly proprietary algorithm that combines elements of a horse's people connections(trainer and jockey), workouts, speed and proclivity to win into an integrated WorkAce score. Many horses are bypassed entirely and receive a zero rating."
In handicapper's language WorkAce is a spot play based upon trainer,
jockey, workouts, speed and ability to win.
Good luck and check out today's selections!
Maxspa

Maxspa
02-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Pace Master:

Again I will quote MaxCapper's work file to show the innerworkings of Pace Master. "The Pace Master Report is concerned with the fractional running times of all of the entrants on today's card. By utilizing its own algorithms, MaxCapper calculates a rating for each portion of a horse's last three races and then averages them. Figures are generated for each of the first three segments of the race (depending on distance) and then a standard quarter (common segment irrespective of distance) is also calculated."
My reaction to this approach is surprise, in that the developer averages the last three races.
I will post two more reports regarding the analysis section of this software later during the testing period. Comments are appreciated and
welcome. This review is strictly to familiarize PA members with a new handicapping program and hope that other members will consider reviewing other available software as well.
Maxspa

raybo
02-27-2005, 04:33 PM
From Maxspa: "There's a new handicapping program being offered on E-Bay. It's called Max Capper. The developer has done his homework because in his pitch, he mentions that the software will help you in the analysis of the race not pick winners. Then, after I wrote an e-mail, he does mention in a test of 1300 races it won at a 14% rate. Perhaps I 've bought so many programs they named this one after me"

Let me get this straight. The software helps you analyze races, but will not pick the winners? Ok, I'll buy that statement, on face value, as many programs will give you data that may help you do a better job of analyzing races. But the next statement bothers me a little. If it doesn't pick the winners, how does he know that it hit at a 14% clip? (I assume that the 14% clip is a win%. If so, I am not impressed. If, on the other hand it's a profit % on flat win bets with a single selection, then I am truly impressed, comparing that ROI with that of other flat bet results from commercial software.)

John
02-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Nice going Max,

3 winners and a 3nd out of 4 plays. not to shabby.

Maxspa
02-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Raybo,
I stated the 14% incorrectly. It should have read 14% profit on the plays. I think you probably know software developers do not like to be in the uncomfortable spot of picking winners. I agree to a point because racing is cyclical but I also believe that they have a responsibility toward the buyers to develop a product that will, with practice pick winners.
Maxspa

Maxspa
02-27-2005, 07:20 PM
John,
Kudos to MaxCapper not to me!

Maxspa

Maxspa
02-28-2005, 08:38 AM
There are a couple of MaxCapper situations that in my opinion need improvement. They aren't major faults but affect the smooth continuity between the software and the user.
1. The scratch operation requires the use of the control key and after the
the first scratch if you forget to depress the control key you have to
start all over again. Twice now I've proceded to the 7th or 8th race and
forgot to depress the control key. A minor problem but can get you to say
XX!!XX and other bad expressions.

2. The reports are compact and usually can be printed on one or two
pages, a good situation. However, the print is very small and hard to
read. I'm sure it's only a minor adjustment.

Should there be other problems arise, I'll try and present them as well.

The next report on the analysis screen will be next week! Hope you
handicappers are enjoying this review.
Maxspa

John
02-28-2005, 12:39 PM
So far I am enjoying your labor love.

Horsehead e-mail me. Wants to know if MAXCAPPER hass a web site.

Maxspa
02-28-2005, 01:24 PM
John,
ADK Coders the software developers do not have a web-site. They can be contacted by asking them a question on e-bay!
There are new fresh faces in the handicapping software, ADK Coders are one and there's another in Poultney, Vermont. In my opinion, they will soon realize what kinds of advertising their product needs to be successful. In the meantime, we will hopefully benefit from their product concentration.
Maxspa

Diamond K
03-01-2005, 05:42 PM
I just was over at eBay and they have no listing for MaxCapper or MaxCapper! or Max Capper.

I was going to ask to see the free manual.

Maxspa
03-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Diamond,
I sent the MaxCapper developers an e-mail regarding the size of the print and the scratch system. He is on a business trip until Thursday but responded. When you had a question about availability of the work file, I contacted them regarding your request and the unavailability on e-bay! When I get a response, I will contact you immediately.
Maxspa

Maxspa
03-04-2005, 10:35 AM
All,
After having two O'fers in a row, I decided to contact the developer with a few questions regarding the data interpretation. Specifically concerning WorkAce. My WorkAce printouts some times give me more than one horse and in a couple of cases, yesterday in fact it would have had the winner as two horses were given. The response was swift and clear, backed by a download of statistical evidence, stating the top choice will outperform the second choice. More importantly they are concerned about your questions and will try to the best of their ability to answer them. Obviously customer service is very important to them.
Again I want to say, I do not know these ADK Coders and can only relate my e-mail interaction with them.
Maxspa

Maxspa
03-10-2005, 03:36 PM
I'll introduce an important aspect of the MaxCapper by quoting the workfile. "The Value Viewer Report is used to look at all of the variable that MaxCapper has stored in its Values database. "Values" refers to what is usually termed as an "Impact Values" in thoroughbred handicapping literature."
This database uses your result files and by using two quick keystrokes found in the dropdown file it is updated each day. Topics include any of the analysis tools like All Ranks and Composites, class, Bris Power numbers, Quirin points, Racing styles,Pace Master, and many others too numerous to mention. It will give you the starts, win%, IV, Percent etc. For example, If I wanted to find out how the Composite numbers fared for the !st ranked horse and the 8th ranked horse, I could find out by scrolling down the screen. I will attest to the fact like many other handicappers attempting database work is like taking cod-liver oil as a youngster. You've got to know Access or Excel and work with queries etc. The Value viewer is easy on the user, two key strokes each day and you're in business. An example of a category(Beaten Favorites) and what it would look like on the screen.

Key1 Key2 Starts Wins Collected Percent IV Net
BF Last N 754 91 $1067.20 12.07 1.10 .71
BF Last Y 50 12 $ 76.00 24.00 2.18 .76

Maxspa

raybo
03-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Maxspa,

I don't want to be confrontational but, what is your interest in all this? You stated that you are not affiliated with the developers of the MaxCapper software. That is becoming harder and harder to swallow with each post you make. I truly hope that you, indeed, have no "affiliation" nor any other monetary incentives for proclaiming the handicapping value of the program or your obvious infatuation concerning the software. You sure sound like a salesman to me. I hope for all the users here at Pace Advantage that I am wrong.

midnight
03-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Maxspa has displayed similar interest in other programs in the past. It seems as though he's simply eager to share whatever he knows or has found out. Nothing wrong with that. He does seem to go from one program to another without giving any of them much time, but a lot of us are guilty of that, including me.

raybo
03-10-2005, 05:50 PM
midnight,

Thanks for the information, I suppose I should have checked his previous threads before posting, but his postings in this thread seemed obvious to my "suspicious" mind.

Maxspa, my apologies if I have offended you. Carry on!

Maxspa
03-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Raybo,
Again I assure you, I have no affiliation with the developers of MaxCapper nor am I receiving any monetary considerations of any kind! I'm retired and computer handicapping has been my hobby for some time. As I stated in an earlier post, it is my hope that others will follow with software reviews so that all of us can benefit. I have three days left for selections, will write one more section on another program aspect plus a review at the end. It's a labor of Love believe me.
Maxspa

BillW
03-10-2005, 08:10 PM
BTW, Raybo - the "Max" in Maxcapper and Maxspa is purely a coincidence. If I didn't know Max (the reviewer on this board) - I possibly would be suspicious also.

I hope all is well in sunny Fla, Max.

Bill

Maxspa
03-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Bill,
Good to hear from you, hope you are going to make the Saratoga trip again this year! A quick weather commentary, Florida is sunny and cold! For about an hour, the temperature is in the high 60's and in the 40's at night.
Maxspa

Figman
03-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Maxspa,
I'm jealous of that 60 degrees. Back at your old stomping grounds the wind chill was minus 15 the other night and the driving conditions were the worst of the year.

John
03-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Raybo

To know Maxspa is to love him
His radiant personally just draws you to him.
His honesty is above average

Max, has a soft spot in his heart for all horseplayer's and that is why he goes out on the limb to share his findings with all of us.He does this because he loves his fellow Horseplayer's and does not want you to risk your hard working money on software that might be junk.

As I have said, There is no one I personally know that has experimented with more software programs than him. Maxspa Will give an honest an unbiased workout.

Maxspa
03-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Figman,
It seems like yesterday when you introduced me to Speedplus. Now that I've had the opportunity to become acquainted with a number of different software offerings, I can see that SpeedPlus was ahead of its time. Once in a while, I'll check George Green's web site for changes but it basically remains much the same.
I can't believe all the negativity + dishonesty surrounding the Thoroughbred Racing Industry. Someone needs to step in and clean up this mess before it's too late. When racing is conducted in an honest manner, everybody wins. The trainers, owners , breeders, handicappers and the public.
People don't realize that a trainer who is honest and uses his skill to develop his stock is at risk in a dishonest environment. I'll stop there because dishonesty affects every aspect of the racing business.
I hope you are in good health and are being challenged!
Maxspa

PaceAdvantage
03-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Yeah, Max is no doubt a handicapping software junkie. I think only AndiCap can come close in comparison, but even then it's like Secretariat vs. Sham.....

andicap
03-11-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm a REFORMED software junkie, PA. You're going back 10 years when my pace handicapping skills were well, limited and I didn't know what I was looking for. I was kind of in transition as a handicapper still thinking modelling was the answer.
I've used three software programs in the past 9 years -- Thorovision (which I got for free for 2 years because I wrote the manual), Equisim and now HTR. In between TV and Equisim I used Colts Neck speed figures for a while but at the time wasn't betting enough to justify the price.
Now between 1990 and 1996 I must have used half a dozen, but I think there are lots of people on this board who have me beat. Lefty, definitely.

cj
03-11-2005, 12:17 PM
I thought Lefty was Secratariat, but maybe I have the wrong guy.

Maxspa
03-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Cj,

Everything in handicapping seems to come in parts. Part of one software program works well and other aspects of the same software can be tossed out. When you find all the parts you need, then comes the real challenge of putting it all together to develop your Modus Operandi. Thirdly and just as important is a betting scheme that will work for you. It's a hellavu job!!
Maxspa

cj
03-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Hey Max,

I was just teasing about Lefty, he had a list on here once he had to break up into more than one post, too long! :D

Software can be a great tool, but the best program is the one on top of you neck!

Maxspa
03-11-2005, 11:10 PM
The MaxCapper has a Database Program called "HorseTalk" Since I'm not a database user, I'll be brief in my explanation as to what it contains. The operation itself will be left to handicappers who can download the workfile on E-Bay for the particulars. "HorseTalk" has the operators, commands, data elements,syntax etc that database users are familiar with. You can create and modify up to five custom formulas and the results can be viewed in the Value Viewer. The data can be upgraded on a daily basis (using result files) by a single key stroke, accessed from a drop down menu.
MaxCapper also creates an odds line which is compared with the morning line. The handicapper can immediately see the horses that the program designates as having the factors to be competetive in a given race.
Trend is an interesting facet of the program as well. Basically it shows what
running styles, Early , Middle and Late are winning at the meet. It has a unique approach, in that, the running style type of the winning horse is used; not how he/she actually ran that day, is what is recorded. The results are color coded for easy viewing. Trend is coordinated with the result files and no additional key strokes are needed.
Finally, Vulnerable Favorites can be accessed in a report found in the Analysis drop down menu. One can choose Actual track odds or Morning line odds then print the report. Additional research will be done in this area as the developer is not satified with the results thus far.
There you have it. I'm sure I've left out some information about the software but for the most part, I've covered the highlights. After the selection process is complete, tomorrow is day 14, I'll compile my overall program evaluation.
Maxspa

John
03-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Outstanding report Max,

You should offer a service......I buy a software for 30 days pay you to do the analysis. At the end of 30 days I should know if I should keep it or send it back.

John

cj
03-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Outstanding report Max,

You should offer a service......I buy a software for 30 days pay you to do the analysis. At the end of 30 days I should know if I should keep it or send it back.

John

That is the last thing most software developers would want to see! :D

John
03-12-2005, 12:34 PM
CJ, Hope all is well were you are.

CJ wrote: That is the last thing most software developers would want to see!

The ever changing world of Thoroughbred Handicapping,from paper and pencil,to calculators,to software, "to Max,the software annalist"

headhawg
03-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the report Max. Although I am not in the market for new software at this time, it's nice to hear from someone who has done an independent, real-world test.

I must admit I am one of those who is addicted to buying software, so I always look forward to reading the posts in this section. I've been burned too many times in the past, and I try hard to stay clear of the really bad stuff. Never know when the "Buy New Software" bug is going to hit me. :)

HH

Maxspa
03-13-2005, 12:44 PM
HH,
Thank you for your kind words! I always thought there was a need for Honest Reviews. I purchased a $500 software within the last year. Being careful I checked their bulletin board, listened to comments on the PA board and of course read all the hype the developer had to offer. After purchasing the software and testing it on live races I found out it was dud. It couldn't point to winning horse either with their best figure nor on an overlay basis. That's why it's so important for more people to get involved reviewing software.
Maxspa

Speed Figure
03-13-2005, 01:52 PM
I know you won't say it, but what $500 program was it?

midnight
03-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Maxspa: I think a software program can be valid for some users and not for others. For example, I've never been able to make Equisim work for me, but a lot of people here swear by it. I use HTR, but I don't use it for the main purpose it was designed for, which is pace handicapping. I subscribe to it for the trainer data and some of the composite ratings (the HTR factor is a good quick-and-dirty contender selector, and so is the Krat, though the latter is pretty chalky).

But the point about lousy software is well taken. A lot of programs, including several high-priced ones, are pure garbage, It's definitely "caveat emptor" when buying one, and as we all know, high price doesn't equate to high performance.

Maxspa
03-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Midnight,
I agree that the software has to fit your needs! However, no matter what software it is there has to be quality information that is dispensed! Software should, in my opinion, give you an edge over reading the Racing Form and doing your handicapping from the PP's. If it doesn't then it's lousy software or it doesn't meet your needs or both!
Maxspa

John
03-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Max, you are right. but, there are a few exceptions.

1. Recency...software makes no restrictions on how long the horse has been away from the races. If a horse has been away from the races for a year or better and had excellent form and class a year ago the software will put this horse on top regardless of it's low or higher class today.

2. Horse comes out of maiden race with a good performance over a bunch of slugs. set its own pace and ran off in the stretch in good fractions.Today a allowance race.Software makes no adjustment for the tougher competition.Rates horse off its Maiden victory

3.Software IMHO. seems to want to favor the horses that have the better speed ratings for some reason.

Above is just my opinion, and that is not much.

ratpack
03-14-2005, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=John]Max, you are right. but, there are a few exceptions.

1. Recency...software makes no restrictions on how long the horse has been away from the races. If a horse has been away from the races for a year or better and had excellent form and class a year ago the software will put this horse on top regardless of it's low or higher class today.

2. Horse comes out of maiden race with a good performance over a bunch of slugs. set its own pace and ran off in the stretch in good fractions.Today a allowance race.Software makes no adjustment for the tougher competition.Rates horse off its Maiden victory

Some software does as regards for #2 on your list All in One builds track models for track to track and class to class adjustments. When they don''t have enough races in the database for the models it defaults to their Pars.

You are correct about #1 it once rated a race 760 days old

Diamond K
03-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Max:

With all the programs you have/are helped us with, which one or ones, if any, would you prefer to use if forced to. This is not asking you for a recommendation of any one program, just asking for a comfort level in your style of handicapping.

I have a goodly number of them and am still looking about.

Maxspa
03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Diamond,
There are parts of two that with improvements, rank up there for me.
One is the Master Handicapper and second All-Ways. If the Master Handicapper had improved numbers and could now answer the questions related to trainers and unknown factors, It could be outstanding. Secondly, if All-Ways had a better paceline selection, perhaps options would help, IMHO would be vastly improved. The handicapping Profiles which are basically contender selections are the best I've seen.
Maxspa
PS. You were right on about the MaxCapper's All Ranks+ Composite Analysis.

Maxspa
03-14-2005, 10:21 PM
As I complete this MaxCapper Evaluation, I'll try my best to give handicappers an unbiased understanding of the program's strengths and weaknesses. My experience with many software programs I have purchased and used over the years, will provide the basis and understanding necessary for this committment.
The positive elements MaxCapper has to offer are new ideas, and lots of energy exhibited by the ADK Coders. In my opinion this software is in its early stages with lots of planned updates in the future. This is based on one conversation with one of the developers. There was a problem with the new update Trends and I contacted ADK Coders by e-mail. Before a solution was arrived at, a phone call was initiated by the Coder and the problem was resolved. My reason for sharing this episode is that Customer Service is as important to them as it is to you and I, the handicappers. Another positive factor is how the software uses the Value Builder with just two keystrokes to update your racing information. The Value Builder is the Core and all other programs are included with the information it stores. Very clever way of keeping track of all the important information generated by the Analysis Reports. As Programmers these Coders are sharp and innovative.
What changes need to be made to improve the program? Pace Master and WorkAce need to be improved. The statistics over the 15 day testing period indicate the need for restructuring. WorkAce statistics were much better over the long haul than the statistics indicated. Racing is cyclical but
we don't want any excuses either. With the ingenuity the developers have shown, I believe some tweaking can be accomplished. Perhaps a bit of artificial intelligence to use the best data could be worked out. We also need some direction to be able to include some horses in the 4/1 - 10/1 range.
these prices will keep you in the running when the inevitable cold streaks occur. The most significant change, would be to make the Value Builder track
specific. As of now the values are based on all the tracks you have handicapped. My recommendation would be to have it both ways: All tracks
and specific tracks.
Improvements in the software basics are few but I believe they would improve the overall ease of using the program. The scratch program using the control key just doesn't provide a comfortable way to scratch horses. If you forget the control key you have to go back and start over. Many software programs have an easier check off procedure for this task. There are many
Identification abbreviations used in the individual analysis programs. Examples
are AO, AC, AD etc. and if you could identify them with a drop down menu or some other method it would help handicappers get aquainted with what each one represents. Last but not least, a simple inexpensive manual with the program basics could be added. Even though the workfile is there and it is informative, the manual would help the newbie get adjusted to the program operation in a quicker fashion.
In summary, is the program worth the money? The All Ranks+Composite
Analysis over the 15 day test had phenominal results. 18 plays 13 winners
72 % wins and a $30.40 profit with $2.00 bets. Will this happen as a regular occurrence probably not but it showed the effectiveness of MaxCapper. This combined with the expected updates,some program changes, a customer service oriented ADK group and a database program HorseTalk, In my opinion it's worth the money.
Maxspa

John
03-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Thanks Max,

Well Appreciated report. I hope the other members appreceate your hard work and respect your opinion of Maxcapper.

Hosshead
03-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks for your report Max. And let us know how it's doing sometime down the road, if you're still using and keeping track.

Maxspa
03-15-2005, 12:15 PM
All,
I received a message from ADK Coders this morning thanking me for the review. They mentioned that two major adjustments are in the works. The scratch process is being revised and a track specific Value Builder is on the drawing board. These two projects IMHO will make a definite difference in the software; especially the latter. Good News!
Maxspa

azmike
04-03-2005, 03:31 AM
Max:

Any update on your continued use of Maxcapper?

BTW, thank you for taking the time to share your review with all of us.

P.S. I think I saw you awhile back on the All in One forum. How does this program compare to AIO version 6....just picking your brains :)

Thanks,

Mike

Maxspa
04-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Mike,
Although daily I print out the All Ranks+Composite ratings for Aqueduct, my serious MaxCapper handicapping is on hold till some of the updates re: Track specific values are completed. The scratch change has been finished and is a welcome addition to the process. I'm looking forward to new ideas other than MaxToter and hope at some point they develop some new horse form applications.
As for your second question regarding All-In-One! I was really disappointed in the results of my initial test and it's collecting dust!
Maxspa

InFront
08-24-2006, 12:41 AM
I been shopping around for a database program that mainly can test various types of user-defined spot plays and after visiting many of the marketed programs, most are mentioned on this forum, downloading any available demos plus reviewing any available documentation or any website info about each program I decided to go with dbMaxcapper 3.0. I purchased it only a couple of months ago and must have logged more than 150 hours so far studying it. I mainly decided to go with it over other programs from what the manual shown especially it's SQL ability plus I wanted something that uses the Bris/TSN files and not the HDW files like many others do. Reason being is I am use to and understand all of the available data and ratings within these files and already had months worth of Procaps files. In any case I was able to quickly build 23,000 races into dbMaxcapper which is a decent size starting sample to work with.

I contacted the developer Bob many times over these past two months and immediatly noticed that to me it needed a few fixes on how it imports data. Bob already fixed those problems which work fine now. I also suggested to him a few more fixes needed plus many, many features I like to see added and he has the master list on all of this. He is busy moving right now but hopefully will get back to me soon with more updates. While I believe the program is decent in it's early stages I think once these fixes, features and added db fields are done it will rival most of the more popular programs out there even ones costing three times more. But right now I am still waiting on any new updates so I can continue testing further theories I have. So far I have used the available 198 db fields it has in every possible way I can think of and used the SQL Pro (structured query language) feature which works great. While I haven't found many things that hold up over large samples I have learned much from things, factors, concepts that definitely don't work or at least other things that cuts the track take way down.

I also spent much time working and backtesting the available 8 preset methods built within dbMaxcapper in various ways. While some of these methods work decently they seem not to do be much better from an roi% view than using other types of ratings such as Speed, Class or Power ratings. But as I said I mainly bought the program cause of it's SQL feature to backtest spot play ideas. If anyone has suggestions on better ways to use any of these preset methods or SQL queries I'm listening.

The bottom line is while the program has some kinks, definately needs some more db fields especially ones that deal with actual Procaps data plus needs several features which I think will make it much more powerful and versatile as long as it gets the attention it needs from the developer. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.