PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Sam Houston???

Tom
02-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Putting together a db of HOU races and I keep fining races with no fractional
times! What's up with that? Is this normal? How can you call yourself a racetrack when you can't time your races?
Maybe the db idea isn't such a good idea - this might be a track to avoid. :confused:

BillW
02-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Tom,

I show 2 race dates since 1/1/04 without intermed. times and a handfull of single races. Who is your data supplier?

Bill

Buddha
02-13-2005, 09:42 PM
In the Simulcast weekly, and i would assume Equibase charts, I seem to get at least 1 or 2 races a week with no internal fractions, or no final time. There seems to be problems each week with them. Check you Simulcast Weekly each week and you will see Bill

BillW
02-13-2005, 09:42 PM
I should note that HOU did run over 7 months of quarterhorses this year that would have resulted in no intermediate times 4/04 thru 10/04.

BillW
02-13-2005, 09:43 PM
I show about 1 out of 20 or so - about 2 a week - we jive. They run about that many Arabians a week. Ironically they did have timers foul in a few races tonite. I haven't been watching but the emergency alert system did break in on the football game I was listening to with a heavy storm alert - possibly got knocked out by bad weather.

BillW
02-13-2005, 10:01 PM
It's not the Arabians. Looking at DRFSW (this month only) it looks like their 5 1/2 f timers are screwed up. I'll check with Reid and see what's up.

Bill

Tom
02-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Bill, I am seeing them in bsf112804tb....getting cught up! :D

PurplePower
02-17-2005, 12:27 PM
It's not the Arabians. Looking at DRFSW (this month only) it looks like their 5 1/2 f timers are screwed up. I'll check with Reid and see what's up.

Bill
The "official position" is "timer malfunction". We have a very "advanced" timing system that uses different disks in the computer to calibrate the timer to catch the fractions at the right spot. If the correct disk is not put in the computer - then the times are flawed and no internal fractions. Our placing judges are supposed to hand time every race (and I thought Equibase did too, but apparently not) so that we at least get a final time. I handicapped a couple of races for tonight that didn't even have a FINAL time (turf races I think they were). Technology is a wonderful thing, but someone has to push the right button. That doesn't help us handicap the races, but it is one reason that the internals don't show up. I'll ask our track superintendent and racing secretary if we have had some other malfunction that has been fixed and re post once I find out what they say.

TOOZ
02-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Did you see where they will start offering dime superfectas? I think starting tonight.

BillW
02-17-2005, 03:02 PM
TOOZ,

yes there is another thread covering this.