PDA

View Full Version : Can you handicap chickens?

nucsub
04-10-2002, 10:27 PM
Well, first thanks to those that have been using my program "Joe Zambuto's Integrated Handicapping" program! I had a tough few weeks launching the "Pace Analysis" program. I had some setup problems with VB6, but the problems have been resolved and its now up and running successfully.

Recently, I have been asked if I can write a handicapping program for greyhounds? My immediate response was "if you provide the past performance, I can write a program that will handicap chickens". So, I was awarded the contract and I am now learning about the "dogs".

Has anyone or is anyone handicapping both horses and dogs? Can anyone compare and contrast the two? Your help will be much appreciated!!

If your interested in a great handicapping tool check it out at www.jzambuto.com

JimG
04-10-2002, 10:54 PM
Horses and Dogs. They are pari-mutual forms of gambling and that is where the similarities end.

Since this is a horse racing board, send me an e-mail with what you are looking for and I will try to help. I played the dogs full time in FLA when I graduated college for 2 years while living at home. I made a profit but it was easier given the fact I did not have to worry about rent. The dogs can be handicapped but it is a completely different game.

Jim

hdcper
04-10-2002, 11:41 PM
Nucsub,

Hate to say it, but I played the dogs almost every night from 1975 to 1988 and never had a losing year. Finally gave it up after a bad traffic accident returning from the dogs, which made me begin to think that maybe someone was trying to tell me something.

Anyway would love to provide any help I could and like Jim G recommend you email me and maybe we can find time to talk. As long as you are in the continental US, I would be glad to call on my free cell minutes any weekend night.

Hdcper(Bill)

Schlagman
04-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Joe's horse program looks very interesting. Does anyone have any real time experience with using it? If so, how might it compare with Equisim ROI and other such programs?