PDA

View Full Version : What's your local harness track??

sq764
02-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Was curious what harness track everyone calls 'home'??

Mine would be Dover Downs. We live about 40 minutes North of it.. I live about 2 hours South of Meadowlands..

trying2win
02-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Mine's Northlands Park. It's a dual-purpose racetrack, that's only about a mile away from my residence. Within walking distance. Very handy for me.

When you go to Northlands Park often enough over the years, you get to know a lot of fellow handicappers. Great place to socialize.

T2W

JustRalph
02-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Scioto Downs

Half hour from home. I end up finding myself in the grandstand about once a summer......the wife loves the Harness horses..........

Alc
02-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Northfield Park. Twelve miles north of my home. First attended in 1968 and was a regular until the advent of TVG,HRTV and video streaming. Now attend very infrequently.

Zman179
02-14-2005, 12:39 PM
I am exactly 21 miles away from both The Meadowlands & Yonkers Raceway. Lately, my favorite track to play has been Freehold since it runs during the day.

Have always wanted to go to Harrington. Will make it there eventually.

fouroneone
02-14-2005, 03:56 PM
My house in detroit is about 2 minutes from Northville and about 10 minutes from Hazel park.

My apartment in NYC is about 20 minutes from Yonkers and Meadowlands.

melman
02-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Don't have a home track anymore as the ones that are "close" are The Meadowlands and Dover and both are a long haul. Thank God for the internet and am able to watch and bet thru that. I think that by far the most fun races to watch are on the large (1 mile or 7/8 mile) tracks. That last quarter mile at The Meadowlands can see a lot of things happen and many times even if your horse is "way back there" you still have a shot. Almost always having a 10 horse field adds to the interest.