PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Gulfstream 2/9/05

thoroughbred
02-10-2005, 03:01 AM
Those of you who have CompuTrak can check this out.

On Wednesday, 2/9/05 at GP, Races, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 were won by the horse with the highest CompuTrak Form rating in each race. This includes Race 4 which was a $25.00 payout.

This pattern seems somewhat unusual, and I am trying to explain it. Any ideas?

The form rating for each horse is calculated from each horses recent races and workouts.

Is it possible, that the track, (dirt), at least for the first races, was unusual in such a way that it strongly favored horses with the top condition among all the horses in the race, above and beyond any other factors?

Did anyone else notice any similar effect?

Thanks.

Valuist
02-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Just what is a CompuForm rating? Obviously its not something the majority of the bettors are aware of.

thoroughbred
02-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Just what is a CompuForm rating? Obviously its not something the majority of the bettors are aware of.

Valuist,

To help me understand what was happening, I meant to be asking, if anyone, using whatever handicapping techniques they employ, noticed anything special about the track that day.

To answer your question: CompuTrak examines the performance of each horse, in their recent races and workouts, and utilizes an equation to assign each horse a numerical rating of "Form." It is one of the very few program outputs that I deem proprietary; almost all of the other fundamentals of the program are completely revealed in the documentation.

JPinMaryland
02-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Sort of like the college football rankings, then eh?

Tom
02-10-2005, 09:12 PM
What am mising? Your ratings nail 5 winners and you are wondering what went wrong??? Duh? :confused:

thoroughbred
02-11-2005, 12:58 AM
What am mising? Your ratings nail 5 winners and you are wondering what went wrong??? Duh? :confused:

Tom,

I guess I didn't make myself clear; sorry. I am not wondering what went wrong, lol.

The CompuTrak output provides more than one useful handicapping factor, an oddsline, early speed, horse friction etc., in addition to "Form."

What I believe was unusual, was that this one single factor, "Form" on that particular day, at GP, pointed to the winners. Like most of us, I continually try to research horse racing, and I was wondering what conditions might have led to such a unique result. Was it a special track condition? Was it pure coincidence? So I asked if any others, who might have handicapped GP that day, noticed anything that would provide a clue.

Tom
02-11-2005, 02:51 AM
OK, you had m wondering there! :D