PDA

View Full Version : How very, very convenient.....

PaceAdvantage
02-09-2005, 04:03 AM
http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=26608

This coming from the man who's son is a paid lobbyist for Frank Stronach and Magna Entertainment?

Somebody wake me from this comedy (or is it a nightmare, I can't really tell yet).

Imagine along with me folks, for just one second:

Let's say Getnick & Getnick (they're very into the color red), the court-appointed law firm overseeing NYRA's deferred prosecution, were to find out one day that the son of a top NYRA executive was a lobbyist for a firm that NYRA has awarded a big fat contract. Something tells me one Mr. Eliot Spitzer would be on the phone faster than a fly on shit - more indictments would be flying up and down the New York State Thruway then you could shake a stick at, and a couple of big time articles plus a major editorial or two would be written in the Daily News.

Of course, my imagination in this instance is pure fiction, but the fictitious reaction to my thoughts would be dead-on. You all know damn well that if something like this were uncovered, much more than hell would break loose.

YET, we have a very REAL situation where the son of a major NY politician is a PAID LOBBYIST for Magna Entertainment!! Here's a quote from an article on Bloodhorse.Com:

Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno, once NYRA's chief ally at the state Capitol, said the franchise award process could help provide the state with needed cash. "Everyone agrees that NYRA ought to go for-profit," Bruno said after a budget negotiation session with Gov. George Pataki and other legislative leaders.

I love that part where they say Bruno was once NYRA's chief ally. Was this before his son was hired by Magna to lobby NY State politicians? I think we all know the answer to that question. Conflict of interest for sure, but you never read much about it in all these articles written these days detailing just what an evil empire NYRA has become....:rolleyes:

the little guy
02-09-2005, 10:02 AM
If you can get beyond how pathetic and sad it is, it is actually quite funny, and NOBODY calls this criminal on his behavoir. The gall of Bruno is mighty impressive. You have to wonder if he also steals silverware at fancy weddings, and when he does, does he hide it in his coat or simply walk out with it in his hands.

Suff
02-09-2005, 11:47 AM
http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=26608

This coming from the man who's son is a paid lobbyist for Frank Stronach and Magna Entertainment?

Somebody wake me from this comedy (or is it a nightmare, I can't really tell yet).

Imagine along with me folks, for just one second:

:

The Volitilaty of the Franchise Lisence is certainly a Valid one for MGM. They don't want to get into Bed with NYRA as we know it today, only to have the Legislator take the rug out from underneath them in 2007.

And Regardless of the Politics of all this, and the Neptosism. What fundemental changes do you think NYRA is required to make to retain the Franchise?

Wether you agree or not, with the view that NYRA has mismanaged the Franchise, Thats the reality that must be dealt with. I think NYRA and its boosters are whistling in the Dark if they think they can simply clean up the joint in 18 months and then approach Albany with a "We're doing better now" approach. Albany is looking at the 3 tracks as CASH cows, either with VLT"S, or simply as Profit producing race tracks. There is not enough time left for NYRA to pull either of these off to retain the franschise on past Merits.

So I ask them, via of you, What fundemental changes do suggest NYRA make or suggest when they present their plan to the State Legislators?

Is your posistion that all the troubles are overblown and NYRA has made strides to improve, and simply based on performance they should be rehired?

Or do you agree that NYRA needs to significantly alter their Non-profit status, and set the Ship on an entirely new course?

The NY State Congress is Heavily Democratic is it not? Much like Massachusetts? Republicans can bang all Drums they want, but without Democratic support, they can't muscle things through. Particulary a HUGE Football like the Track Franchise. Isn't Bruno just thumping his chest? How much Juice does he actually have?

And as I mentioned to you the Other day, I seriously doubt how much of Spritzers Finger Prints are on the NYRA fiasco. He just settled a $380 Million dollar deal with Marsh & McCellan for Bid Rigging and Price Fixing. I have my doubts he's concerned with the daily gyrations of a $3million NYRA settlement.

I'm more inclined to think that the driving force is more like a Deputy assistant AG with ties to Gertner & Gertner, and has axes to grind with People on the other side of the aisle. I need to go back to the Indictment and see what ATTORNEY was the signing Prosecuter. I Think someone from Albany , or Saratoga may shed more light on who in Spritzers office is the Gasoline in the Engine.

Figman
02-09-2005, 12:04 PM
At the current time in NYS, the Governor is Republican and the Senate Republican-controlled. The Assembly is majority Democrat.

Tom
02-09-2005, 08:43 PM
No way Pataki is a republican. NYS govenment is thoroughly corrupt, inept, unresponsive, and downright ignorant, at all levels. I have serious doubts that there anyone in NY govenment not on the take. Wait until Uncle Wacky make his run for the white house. you will not belive the crap this moron will dish out.

alysheba88
02-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Magna has been behind all of this from day one.

socantra
02-10-2005, 04:07 AM
No way Pataki is a republican. NYS govenment is thoroughly corrupt, inept, unresponsive, and downright ignorant, at all levels. I have serious doubts that there anyone in NY govenment not on the take. Wait until Uncle Wacky make his run for the white house. you will not belive the crap this moron will dish out.

Come on,Tom. I realize these are polarized times we live in, but you seem to imply that a republican can't be "thoroughly corrupt, inept, unresponsive and downright ignorant." I ask that you take a deep breath and remember..........Spiro Agnew .

socantra...

JustRalph
02-10-2005, 06:59 AM
I ask that you take a deep breath and remember..........
Spiro Agnew .socantra...

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Tom
02-10-2005, 09:21 PM
I plead "No contest!" :D