PDA

View Full Version : "Exotic Wagering Formulas"

sq764
04-10-2002, 01:04 PM
Anyone read the book "Exotic Wagering Formulas"? And if so, is it a good read? I need some insight into my wagering strategies, because they are a weakness for me..

Scott

anotherdave
04-10-2002, 01:25 PM
I bought the book because exotics are a weakness of mine too. A lot of AB/AB/ABCD kind of set ups. Nothing really new for me, so I didn't get much out of it, but others will likely disagree. He seemed to often suggest a lot of combinations on a given race - that seemed to deep into the race for me, but that is probably just me. I didn't really have a problem with the book, it just didn't fit my betting style. It quite possibly could appeal to others more.

AD

andicap
04-10-2002, 02:19 PM
What I liked about it is it gives you a discipline. I had no exotic wagering style before reading the book -- you may not agree with all of it, but there's a logic to it that makes sense. Whether you accept that logic and adopt it into your play is up to you.
The logic: You want to cash as often as possible until you hit the big one.

That makes sense because the last thing you want is going bust or your bankroll shrinking so much that when you DO hit something, you're betting unit is too thin to make any difference.

walters' idea is to keep you in the game until your ship comes in.

I like that idea and find the book gave me some discipline. There's no law that says you have to follow every rule. There are some weaknesses, but I like his general idea.

ernie simons
04-11-2002, 07:00 AM
Scott, what's the authors name on this book?
Sounds like an interesting read.
:cool:

GR1@HTR
04-11-2002, 08:33 AM
I guess I have a biased opinion here since I know Walters but Andicap's assessment is right on. Although I don't use all of Tomcat's wagering formulas, he along with Davidowitz's book gave me the ideas to create my own wagering formulas. His book can be found at www.gamblersbook.com
Author: Thomas Walters
Title: Exotic Wagering Formulas

pic6vic
04-11-2002, 11:32 AM
There are different ways of playing exotics.

The amount you wager will affect the formulas who can use.
for example.

If you play tri's and spend $24 per tri, the combinations are limited even if you use a key. Now if you play $60 per tri, the formulas you can use are greatly increased. I am not talking about straight tickets. Never box, there are too many ways to play without boxing. There are some good books on the subject written by Jerry Samovitz(personal friend). These books are more for the serious players that would like to make a living from the exoctics. If you are a serious players these books are for you.

Tom
04-11-2002, 07:52 PM
Tom"cat" Walters is a gentleman and very nice person.
I met him at a Sartin seminar years ago and it was he who turned me on to HTR. A true fan of the game, knowing Tom is definately an honor. His book is excellent.

Dark Horse
01-13-2015, 07:30 AM
Only got this book recently, but easy to see this is worth its weight in gold. I love these spiral-bound gems. What 'Win More, Lose Less' is to NFL wagering, this book is to horse racing.

joeslovo
01-13-2015, 10:41 AM
I highly recommend this book.I copied some formulas and take them to the track with me.