PDA

View Full Version : A couple red flagged numbers

Valuist
02-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Going thru last week's OP charts in the DRF weekly charts, two numbers stood out as being questionable. I'm not ready to conclude they're incorrect yet but they are red flagged as possible mistakes. Both were on Jan. 30; Crap Shooter earned a 90 in winning a 6250 claimer and then Snowbird, a 15000 NW3 filly earned a 89 in winning. If I remember correctly, Crap Shooter was a Norman dropper so I can possibly see that number being legit, but the 89 earned by Snowbird is really questionable, even with the big win margin. The fact that both races were on the same day and one was at the odd distance of 5.5 furlongs makes the variant for the day look suspect. I'm curious to hear what other figure makers thought of the numbers.

cj
02-07-2005, 12:05 PM
There is a similar one at Laurel, a 90 given to a cheap NW2 lifetime claimer (7500 I think) that is way out of line with the rest of the variants. I'm not on the computer with my charts right now, but I'll post it later today.

sjk
02-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I have Snowbird at 80 and Crap Shooter at 79.

Valuist
02-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Those numbers sound much more sensible. I have noticed that the DRF will change numbers, if they are initially wrong. But that may not be until down the road so there might be value going against them next time out.

Valuist
02-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Snowbird ran back and finished second with a likely number more in line with the 80 SJK gave her. I turned down a chance to buy into the winner (Piano Tunner) last summer. I wanted to buy in but just couldn't take the chance at the time. She's been a pure money machine since the claim. Look for her to resurface in a Haw FNW3X.