PDA

View Full Version : Love the new home page

andicap
02-07-2005, 02:47 AM
The new home page is excellent -- love the links to the news, the hot forums, etc.
I assume there will be links added to weather, scratches, tracks, etc. (unless I'm missing something).

Also, PA, I was knocked off the board at about 2:30 a.m. or so and when I got back on I saw the home page for the first time. Was this when you put it up?

:cool:

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2005, 02:49 AM
Yes, more links will be added in the coming days....

As for getting knocked off, there appears to be some server issue with my host. This crops up rarely, but when it does, it's a pain, and usually lasts off and on for about an hour....

BIG RED
02-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Scratches and weather links right there, both I use daily. Site is much improved PA, good work.

Storm Cadet
02-07-2005, 01:52 PM
On my work computer, when I log in, my avatar comes up underneath my name. Very nice... On my home laptop though, it does not happen, only still shows a blank log in window...but the members signed on shows my name ??? Any thoughts?

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Are you saying that at home on the laptop, you are shown to be logged in when you are actually in the message board, but on the main home page, it shows you the username and password login boxes, as if you were not logged in?

Have you tried using the Log Out link, which clears your cookies, and then logging back in using the home page?

Storm Cadet
02-07-2005, 02:44 PM
On my work PC, when I log in, my avatar show up with my name in the log in box in the left corner with the option to log out. My name also shows in the On-line list!

On my home laptop, when I log in, my name or avatar DO NOT SHOW, the log in box is still looks like it wants me to log in, but I do see my name in the members on-line box. There is no log out button showing like tgere is on my work PC!

Perplexing! :confused:

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Actually, what I meant was, when you're home, go to the message board, where you say you ARE logged in.....and either use the HOME link to go back to the home page, where you might be seen as logged in, OR use the LOG OUT link on the message board. Then go to the home page and try logging in from there, and tell me what happens....

Storm Cadet
02-07-2005, 03:07 PM
after going to the home page it now shows....but when I try to log in the first time it does not show up...I have to go to a message board, then back to home for it to appear. I thought that as soon as you log in it would appear!