PDA

View Full Version : Decent Super Bowl

cj
02-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Better QB? No doubt who was the better today, and its not the guy with the most passing yards. Philly's clock management was outright horrid the last 5 minutes, and McNabb has to shoulder a lot of the blame there. He also wasn't very accurate.

New England is a team for the ages. What day will Foxboro schedule the parade? :D:D:D

sq764
02-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Yeah, Eagles blew way too many chances.. And the clock management was very bad.. They execute a little better and manage the clock better, they win the game..
Neither QB impressed me today. Mcnabb and Brady had their moments, but also looked real bad at times.. The 2 players that impressed me were Deion Branch and Owens - very gutsy performance..
Oh well, I guess there is something to be said for being there before, calms the nerves..
(I guess the only thing I can cry on is the pile of money from the horrendous money line they gave the Eagles ;)

cj
02-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Brady never looked real bad. He again threw no picks, and got the job done. Branch was awesome, as was TO. The difference was Philly couldn't run from jump street and New England knew it, and that McNabb threw some very bad picks.

sq764
02-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Not going to argue with you about how Brady played (and I know it's hard for you to respond with only one free hand while the other is on Brady's jock :D

Most of Brady's yards came on screens, but of course you knew that :-)

My last response to how Brady played.

Zaf
02-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Congrats to you New England Guys again (Suff & John) !!! Thats 4 championships recently including the Red Sox. Give someone else a chance guys ;)

ZAFONIC

SAL
02-06-2005, 10:48 PM
I'll have to give props to TO, he played a great game. Really surprised me. Very enjoyable game to watch. Damn Philly for that last TD though!

Dave Schwartz
02-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Great game!

We had pools going for each quarter and good old Ken (you remember Ken from Saratoga, right?) had a big parlay going on Eagles +7 to under 48.

I exhausted myself sweating for him.

Regards to all,
Dave Schwartz

Valuist
02-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Thanks to some questionable clock management the game stayed under the total. I do maintain, however, that if there was some red zone defense played, it wouldn't even have gotten that close. One FG attempt in the game? What were the Eagles thinking not going to a no-huddle late in the game?? :confused:

sq764
02-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks to some questionable clock management the game stayed under the total. I do maintain, however, that if there was some red zone defense played, it wouldn't even have gotten that close. One FG attempt in the game? What were the Eagles thinking not going to a no-huddle late in the game?? :confused:
Absolutely right.. They manage the clock better and they don't make stupid turnovers, Eagles win the game.. Can't win with 3 turnovers, especially the 2nd to last one..

Zaf
02-06-2005, 11:21 PM
They took a page from Herman Edwards Playbook :rolleyes:

ZAFONIC

BIG RED
02-07-2005, 08:53 AM
That game had me nervous from the beginning. Penalties looked what was going to hurt the Pats, then maybe turnovers.Defense was slow and offense was drab. Then close to half time defense picked up and offense started to play more relaxed, and I fely better going into the half. Simple, Pats play there game, watch the penalties, and they should be fine. Pats are very good at less pen/t.o. in playoffs, but early it looked like it was going to get them this time, thank heavens it didn't. Bring on the Yankees!

Parade teusday, location not known yet.

John
02-07-2005, 11:52 AM
FUNNNY!!!!

How the PATS won their 3 Superbowl games by 3 points

I lost all my bets.

Suff
02-07-2005, 12:19 PM
What day will Foxboro schedule the parade? :D:D:D

..........TITLE TOWN.......
..............Three titles in one year (Pats, Sox, Pats) put N.E. on top....................

http://www.boston.com/sports/

sq764
02-07-2005, 12:38 PM
..........TITLE TOWN.......
..............Three titles in one year (Pats, Sox, Pats) put N.E. on top....................

http://www.boston.com/sports/
and one lost presidential election :D

Suff
02-07-2005, 12:41 PM

Dude.. have'nt I asked you to leave me the Eff alone.. Like 3 times? Please.

John
02-07-2005, 01:25 PM
SUFF, do you think that guy will ever say something nice.

Charlie, is trying to contact you.

sq764
02-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Dude.. have'nt I asked you to leave me the Eff alone.. Like 3 times? Please.
ok, 'Dude', thought a man who dishes it out could take it.. But again, that was assuming you were a man..

cj
02-07-2005, 02:00 PM
They are replaying the game again here, and the Eagles clock management was awful at the end of the 1st half too. McNabb needs major work in that area.

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2005, 02:02 PM

Come on now Scott. You were the one who came up with the idea of separate sports section so that political stuff wouldn't get in the way of a good sports conversation. And now you're doing this?

sq764
02-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Come on now Scott. You were the one who came up with the idea of separate sports section so that political stuff wouldn't get in the way of a good sports conversation. And now you're doing this?
You're right, wrong forum..

I just didn't realize Suff was such a crybaby.. Oh well, live and learn

Suff
02-07-2005, 02:06 PM

I went out Sunday To a SuperBowl Party and I have'nt been Home Yet! LMAO.

We had a Little Gig at My Friend Lukes House, whom you've met.

We Got a Poker Game going and we played all night..and into breakfast.

Nice Party.... Big Plasma Screen, With TIVO... We kept rewinding the Cheerleader shots! I never saw LIVE TV replayed before.. What a Toy.

But we had Great Food, We had a Barbacue going on the back deck, We had a house full of People, We had a few cute honeys running around, and of Course we had a PATRIOT WIN!!

Suff
02-07-2005, 02:09 PM
SUFF, do you think that guy will ever say something nice.

This just in.. The Parade is Tommorrow... 11:00

CJ.. If you plan on going.. Its in

Boston

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2005/02/07/super_bowl_celebration_pla

cj
02-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Why not Providence? It is closer, no? I don't recall the Ravens moving the parade to DC! :D

Valuist
02-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Yesterday the squares got their lunches handed to them. They were all over the Pats and the over:

http://www.covers.com/includes/articles.aspx?theArt=41628&tid=27&t=2

sq764
02-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Aren't the overs and favorite parlays typically played?

I thought the line was very high for the game and am a little shocked at how many went with NE minus the points..

Buckeye
02-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Let's be honest, the Patriots are not "dynasty"
very overused term, and does not apply to this team. A dynasty is a team that wins time and time again without a doubt because they are far and away better than their opponents. Do not get this feeling with this team. They beat Carolina last year, how good are they? They beat the Eagles this year only because the Eagles beat themselves. Don't remember who else they beat. GB?

They're a good team and they deserved to win (didn't cover :) ), but let's not get carried away.

Congratulations New England Patriots.

Buckeye
02-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I've heard it said that the Eagles lost because of turnovers.

I will add you can't win with line play that bad. The Patriots were all over them continually.

Also, stop comparing Belichick to Lombardi.

Thank you.

The Eagles covered, so I'm not complaining.

Buckeye
02-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Warner threw 2 INT's in Superbowl 36, NE beat St Louis 20-17

This NE team is very good, very well coached, but wouldn't stand a chance against the Steelers of the 70's, the 49er's of the 80's, or the Cowboys of the 90's.

It's a watered down product. They were ripe for the picking, but to their credit they did win the game by 3 points.

JustRalph
02-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey Suff..............give me the Reds winning the World Series next year........the Bengals winning the Super Bowl..........and Ohio State as National Champs in Football or Basketball.........and you can have the election in 2008.................:D

Kreed
02-07-2005, 07:55 PM
try NOT 2 forget that u voted what u deserved. We all suffer with that
moron in office, but hey, I'm rooting for him 2 succeed, against all odds.

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Any more political talk in the sports section qualifies for instant deletion.....

Suff
02-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Any more political talk in the sports section qualifies for instant deletion.....

Damn tootin!

I'm just in from the Pah-raid! I was between City Hall and The Common. When the First Duck Boats Rolled by, I was standing at Park Street Station.

I'll Tell yea.. These Parades are great. They never get Old. Bob Kraft, Johnathon Kraft and Tom Brady were in the First Duck Boat. Each One had a Lombardi Trophy (2002,2004, 2005)in thier hand.. Pumping it up and down. The Park Street Church had its Bells Jammin... The Red , White and Blue Confetti was everywhere.. The crowd was Rockin, and anyone who had arm room was doing the Terrel Owens Arm Flap! It gave me chills. The players were Loving it. You could just see from thier reactions they were awestruck by the whole thing. David Givens and Deion Branch saw the crowd doing the arm flap and they started doing it and the Crowd erupted even louder. I could'nt help myself, I was pumping my arms up and down and Screaming and yelling.. You just get caught up in the whole thing. Awesome Time..

I was standing there taking it all in when I looked up at one of the office towers and there was this Long Vertical Sign hanging off it.., I could'nt make out what it said because it was so long the wind was taking it a Little Bit. But later on, there I was Hooting and Hollering as ALL THREE Lombardi Trophys were going by, I looked up again and there it was , that sign, Flat against the Building, as clear as day...

Congratulations Patriots and The Yankees STILL SUCK!

I've died and gone to heaven.

BillW
02-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Damn tootin!

I'm just in from the Pah-raid! I was between City Hall and The Common. When the First Duck Boats Rolled by, I was standing at Park Street Station.

I'll Tell yea.. These Parades are great. They never get Old. Bob Kraft, Johnathon Kraft and Tom Brady were in the First Duck Boat. Each One had a Lombardi Trophy (2002,2004, 2005)in thier hand.. Pumping it up and down. The Park Street Church had its Bells Jammin... The Red , White and Blue Confetti was everywhere.. The crowd was Rockin, and anyone who had arm room was doing the Terrel Owens Arm Flap! It gave me chills. The players were Loving it. You could just see from thier reactions they were awestruck by the whole thing. David Givens and Deion Branch saw the crowd doing the arm flap and they started doing it and the Crowd erupted even louder. I could'nt help myself, I was pumping my arms up and down and Screaming and yelling.. You just get caught up in the whole thing. Awesome Time..

I was standing there taking it all in when I looked up at one of the office towers and there was this Long Vertical Sign hanging off it.., I could'nt make out what it said because it was so long the wind was taking it a Little Bit. But later on, there I was Hooting and Hollering as ALL THREE Lombardi Trophys were going by, I looked up again and there it was , that sign, Flat against the Building, as clear as day...

Congratulations Patriots and The Yankees STILL SUCK!

I've died and gone to heaven.

The question is - Did you get any beads? :eek:

John
02-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Hey SUFF,

Were you the guy that Brady and Branch were waveing to....To come up on their Duck Boat.

JustRalph
02-08-2005, 08:07 PM
THE IRAQI QUARTERBACK

Andy Reid had put together the perfect Eagles team, missing only a stud quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges, even the Canadian and European leagues, but he couldn't find a ringer to guarantee a Super Bowl win.

One night he was watching a war-zone scene in Iraq on TV. In the background of one shot, he saw a young Iraqi soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away. KABOOM!

He threw another grenade 75 yards, pitching it right into a chimney. KA-BLOOEY!

Then he threw another into a car passing at 90 mph. BULL'S-EYE!

"I've got to get this guy!" Reid shouted. "He's got the perfect arm!"

He finds him and brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football. The Eagles go on to win the Super Bowl.

The young Iraqi is hailed as a great hero, and when Reid asks him what he wants, he says he wants to call his mother.

"Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you," the old Muslim woman snaps. "You deserted us. You are not my son!"

"You don't understand, Mother," the QB pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."

"No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. The elections are a joke, your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!"

The old lady pauses, then tearfully adds, "I will never forgive you for making us move to Philadelphia!"

John
02-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Just Ralph, Just one word.....Beautiful

sq764
02-08-2005, 08:32 PM
JR, this probably is true!!

I remember when we were at the Phillies/Sox game at Fenway this year, these 3 guys with Sox hats on went to get the security guard because the Phillies fans were yelling too loud :D

It was pathetic to watch.. I lost all respect for pansiass Boston fans on that day..

Thank God the Sox players are the complete opposite of their fans ;)

RunningWild
02-09-2005, 01:59 PM
1st duck Boat. Bob Kraft, His Son, Coach Bill Belichick and his Daughter-This was called the Owners Duck Boat. They had the three Lombardi Trophy's 2001 2003 2004. In Duck Boat Two, We had Q.B. Tom Brady and MVP Deion Branch. then after that we had 13 more Duckie Boats. A Great time was had by all.

;) HAGD.

RunningWild
02-09-2005, 02:27 PM
http://img175.exs.cx/img175/2904/worldseriesandsuperbowlhatsfor.th.jpg (http://img175.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img175&image=worldseriesandsuperbowlhatsfor.jpg)

Just click on the picture to make it bigger.

:) HAGD

Suff
02-10-2005, 02:25 PM
http://img175.exs.cx/img175/2904/worldseriesandsuperbowlhatsfor.th.jpg (http://img175.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img175&image=worldseriesandsuperbowlhatsfor.jpg)

Just click on the picture to make it bigger.

:) HAGD

Nice Collection. Unmatchable by any other city in recent times.

The Color Scheme on the 2004 Super Bowl Hat, Tan w/Brown was done as a Tribute to our Troops. I think they'll come out with a Red/White/Blue but I have'nt seen one as yet.

RunningWild
02-10-2005, 02:39 PM
I heard that about the Brown colors. But I haven't heard anything about the red white blue ???. Thanks for the post about my Hats.. I never thought I would live to see my Red Sox Win it all>