PDA

View Full Version : enough

46zilzal
02-06-2005, 06:12 PM
A good little filly here (never took a sore step in her life) goes to Jenine Sahadi's barn and, BOOM she HAS to have bute and lasix!

It's not longer medicine..... it has become fashion. Medication is given for SYMPTOMS not "possible" symptoms

CryingForTheHorses
02-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Yes its very sad, BUT maybe the filly was scoped after a race or workout and has bled!..I dont know anything about her, Also some trainers like to "think" bute is the answer to all ailments.

Observer
02-06-2005, 08:50 PM
This happens all the time. Many very prominet horses in the game have added Bute when traveling to race at tracks that allow the medication .. even the "great" Cigar .. but there have been many, many top horses who add Bute when it's allowed .. and yes, these days it is very rare to find a horse that does not race on Lasix. So if the very top horses are adding Bute when allowed .. no reason to think lesser horses won't.

Alysheba was an exception to what has become the rule.

He had to come off Lasix for the Belmont .. but when he got older, in his 4-year-old campaign, not only did Jack Van Berg take off Lasix, he took off Alysheba's blinkers as well.

46zilzal
02-07-2005, 12:29 PM
NSAID's (bute, ibuprofen, indomethacin, naproxen) CAUSE bleeding! How much bleeding is promoted by the anti-inflammatory that then must be "treated" by a second unnecessary med?

kenwoodallpromos
02-07-2005, 12:31 PM
The cost to scan a horse ranges from $300 to $900 at Santa Anita, depending on how many scans are taken. But the price can be well worth it if the scan prevents further injury.

"I've prevented splits up the cannon bone and many other injuries with nuclear scanning," Sahadi said. "I am a big fan."

I guess she believes in prevention big time.
I read all racehorses bleed.
She also gives them M + M's.