PDA

View Full Version : SA - Race 7 - DQ

Observer
02-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Any comments on this one?

cj
02-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Do you mean the 6th? I didn't get to see the 7th, but don't see a DQ in the charts. The 6th looked like an obvious DQ to me.

Observer
02-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Yes, that's right .. Race 6 .. sorry.
:rolleyes:

Lots of action going on in that race inside as they entered the stretch run, and outside with the two involved in the inquiry.

Winner sure did look good, though.

cj
02-05-2005, 07:34 PM
I definitely saw the 2 cut a horse off, I told keilan I thought the stewards would look at that horse, but they never even mentioned it.

rrbauer
02-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Grrrr! I'm all over the #11 Commercialize in X's with the 2,5,8 and 10, plus had some win money and used it 3rd in the Tri....after the DQ I went from having the X sixteen times @ $73 to having the Tri twice @ $126! It's not my first bad beat with the apprentice Cohen in the irons--he has a problem keeping them running straight--and he must suffer some major brain farts that would account for his propensity to bang on his mount left-handed as the horse is drifting out! The workouts at SLR for #11 were off the charts accounted for (I guess) by the change of scenery (West Virginia hills to SoCal) and the equipment change. I only saw the end of the race with the 11 getting out and exchanging bumps with the 8...and, the fourteen replays that it took for the stewards to reach a decision....I didn't see anything involving the deuce in the stretch run, as I missed the early part; then after, I was so pissed that I skipped the replay!

Observer
02-06-2005, 03:14 PM
About the area where the horses were going past the temporary rail, down on the inside there was lots of activity going on .. seemed like a couple of horses were trying for the same hole .. which closed up a bit .. and a chain reaction of trouble occurred.

I admit .. at first when I saw the stewards replays .. that is the area I thought they were focusing their attentions .. because it seemed so glaring .. and I hadn't heard an announcement saying who was the focus (doesn't mean one wasn't made .. I just wasn't really listening).

And I will say, I appreciate all the views and replays when stewards are looking into an incident. I find it frustrating when a replay is shown just once or twice, and maybe even only from one angle .. because if you're looking away at the wrong moment, you miss it.