PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct DQ

cj
02-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Disclaimer: I bet $0 in this race, no value.

Now, what a joke of a DQ. The 6 apparently came in a little on the 1 as she blew by, then drew off to win by many. The 1 even hangs on to 2nd place, so NO WAY was the order of finish altered by this "foul."

GeTydOn
02-04-2005, 04:15 PM
#6 definately cut infront of the #1. #6 was trying to get in the whole stretch before cutting off the #1.

cj
02-04-2005, 04:16 PM
#6 definately cut infront of the #1. #6 was trying to get in the whole stretch before cutting off the #1.

Agreed. Do you honestly think it affected the outcome or the race?

midnight
02-04-2005, 04:18 PM
I agree totally, and I didn't have a bet on the race, either. There's no way in the world that horse should come down. The same situation happened yesterday, and the results stood.

The second place finisher didn't lose any placing by the infraction. It still finished second, and it was already beaten by the winner when the interference occurred.

Maybe Bejarano should be given a penalty for not keeping his horse straight (a fine, for instance), but to penalize everybody else by taking down what was clearly the best horse, is bull dung.

the little guy
02-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Like you guys, I wasn't involved, but that was an embarrassing disgrace. A completely horrendous call. I don't even think it is 100% clear that the " winner " wasn't clear when he drifted MILDLY. Bejarano shouldn't get days as he tried to keep his horse off the other one, of course he probably will, as the stewards always justify a bad call with a suspension. Arroyo acted, and i don't blame him, but the stewards once again showed zero consistancy and a complete lack of good judgement.

There should almost never be a DQ unless it absolutely affects the result or is a major foul. Horses get cut off down the backside all the time and those are never looked at, yet the stretch is somehow sacred ground. We want and need as few DQs as possible and to make up calls is very scary.

ceejay
02-04-2005, 04:41 PM
I, too, bet $0 on the race, but thought that the DQ was unjustifed. I don't think that Bejarano should get days. I think that Arroyo should for the racing equivilent of a hockey or soccer "dive."

WINMANWIN
02-04-2005, 04:49 PM
The comedy continues, Horrible, and I needed the DQ for a better price in the pick 4's. I agree, The stewards are not very consistent. Little Guy
CONGRATS ON YOUR PICK 6 SCORE..... NICE CAPPING..... :cool:

GeTydOn
02-04-2005, 05:06 PM
#1 didn't quit until #6 kept coming in on her inside the 1/8 pole and obviously #1 lost any and all chance when taken up by the rider and is lucky to have held second position across the wire.

the little guy
02-04-2005, 05:09 PM
The comedy continues, Horrible, and I needed the DQ for a better price in the pick 4's. I agree, The stewards are not very consistent. Little Guy
CONGRATS ON YOUR PICK 6 SCORE..... NICE CAPPING..... :cool:Thanks. Much appreciated.

toetoe
02-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Little Guy,
Do you remember in the '70's a horse named Broadway Forli? One time, he was cut off at the start, the two neighboring horses coming together and squeezing him pretty bad. Now, B. Forli finished third, but got lucky, in that the first two were the two that cut him off. Double DQ, and B.F. was put first. Only about a million-to-one shot. Am reminded of it hearing you guys talk about today's DQ.
Quite a hit, TLG, congrats.

the little guy
02-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Little Guy,
Do you remember in the '70's a horse named Broadway Forli? One time, he was cut off at the start, the two neighboring horses coming together and squeezing him pretty bad. Now, B. Forli finished third, but got lucky, in that the first two were the two that cut him off. Double DQ, and B.F. was put first. Only about a million-to-one shot. Am reminded of it hearing you guys talk about today's DQ.
Quite a hit, TLG, congrats.I remember the horse and I remember the double DQ. For some reason I feel like Angel Penna Jr. trained that horse.

Thanks.