PDA

View Full Version : Should I Go With HTR or Just ATR Pro

Nickle
02-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Of course more cash for HTR but from what I am told and research I have done it is the best software on market.

ATR is solid and of course very cheap compared to HTR

Any suggestions??

Thanks

hurrikane
02-04-2005, 01:10 PM
HTR is free. you buy the data. about 4 bucks a day for all tracks in the US.

not so bad really. Trying buying that somewhere else.

midnight
02-04-2005, 02:41 PM
I use HTR, but in fairness, you can get the TSN files for $60 or $70 a month for all tracks. They aren't as good as the HTR files, in my opinion.

ATR Pro, if you're referring to Gary Pitz's software which is found on the same site as HTR is, monitors the online toteboards (Phonebet, Racingchannel, etc.) and doesn't handicap the races or use any Equibase racing files. What it WILL do as far as HTR is concerned is automatically scratch all horses (listed as scratched by the track) in HTR, including those that happen up to race time, and it will list the real-time tote odds on one of the HTR screens.

In other words, if you're looking for a handicapping program get HTR, and if you get that, you would do well to also get ATR Pro.

Nickle
02-04-2005, 03:09 PM
I might try for one month with HTR

How are PP's with HTR compared to Bris or TSN?

Tom
02-04-2005, 10:22 PM
HTR PPs come in several flavors:
>Traditional, but with Cramer figs instead of Beyers (winner's fig included)
>One with Quirin style pace and figs included, along with a sort of par for the race and winner's numbers, (andicap loves this screen)
>One that is sheets-style with horse's pace/final fing included (great for from cyle work)
>Velocity number - all figs are velocity style with %med

The program is free, and Ken ususally will let you try a few files for a weekend. There are lots of guys here who will walk you through the other screens.

Nickle
02-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Thanks Tommy

Does it actually give picks or is that for me to determine??

Tom
02-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Both. It has longshot indiocators, the main screen listed K picks, and there is a tournement play list. No one "program pick" but flags for certain types of potential plays. there is an odds line, a value line, probability assignments, etc. I probably use only about 15-20% of the stuff that is in there.