PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper - What a stand up guy

sq764
02-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Just signed a $102 million contract..

What a freaking jerkoff move..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2004/02/02/bc.fbn.superbowl.culpep.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Valuist
02-03-2005, 12:41 PM
That article is kind of deceptive. It made it sound like he was planning on giving this guy the necklace then reneged. It wasn't that way. Out of the blue, the paralyzed guy asks him to GIVE him $75,000 worth of jewelry. What the hell is up with that? Maybe I'll go up to John Elway and ask him for several cars since he used to own several dealerships. I think the wheelchair guy put Culpepper in a very awkward position. And a spank on the ass to Sports Illustrated for some sloppy reporting.

sq764
02-03-2005, 12:57 PM
That article is kind of deceptive. It made it sound like he was planning on giving this guy the necklace then reneged. It wasn't that way. Out of the blue, the paralyzed guy asks him to GIVE him $75,000 worth of jewelry. What the hell is up with that? Maybe I'll go up to John Elway and ask him for several cars since he used to own several dealerships. I think the wheelchair guy put Culpepper in a very awkward position. And a spank on the ass to Sports Illustrated for some sloppy reporting.
Maybe Culpepper could have handled it in a more tactful, less embarrasing manner perhaps??

Certainly not by asking reporters "where is that kid"

Of course why should we start holding pro athletes responsible for their actions NOW??

Valuist
02-03-2005, 01:01 PM
Maybe, maybe not. He really was put in a difficult situation. Maybe he could've made a joke. Maybe he could've said, "I'm sorry you're in a wheelchair but I don't believe you should go asking people for their personal property....its just flat out wrong." I'm sure he didn't think the guy in the wheelchair was going to keep the necklace.

The other solution? Don't go walking around with that much jewelry on you.