View Full Version : oil

bill
02-02-2005, 07:10 PM
just two questionsto anyone with the answers

who is getting the iraqi oil

where is the money going

Tom
02-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Good question. I would say thay owe us a great deal of themoney from it for our services to them. I think the family of every soldier killed over there should be given $5 million tax-free immediatley.

Doc
02-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Don't ask me how, but I'll bet a large portion of that money is going to Haliburton. :mad:

sq764
02-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Don't ask me how, but I'll bet a large portion of that money is going to Haliburton. :mad:
Dude, turn the page.. That is getting so old..

An administration that used their power to get rich.. Holy shit, has that ever happened???

Tom
02-03-2005, 06:04 PM
I can guarrant-dam-tee that those who did make millions/billioins on Iraqwi oil were Sadamm Hussein, France, Germany, Russia, the UN, and Koffee Anon in the oil for food scandal. Clear evidnece laid out on this whole mess and all the wack-o's can come up with are unsubstantiated accusations of Halibrand.
That is a sign of very weak character and very limited mental capabilities.

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Again, a big ol' sigh....

bill
02-03-2005, 08:19 PM
pa you so smart what is the answer no one but bush and god seems to know you damn sure didnt give an answer

its two straight questions either you know the answers or you dont

what is so hard top see that

i got a couple of replies but no answers

Tom
02-03-2005, 10:41 PM
The oil is being sold on open market. The money is going to the Iraq's.
There.

PaceAdvantage
02-04-2005, 12:43 AM
What Tom said....and if it isn't being sold on the open market yet, when it does, the money will be going to Iraq.

Bill, do you honestly believe that the United States is stealing Iraqi oil and/or Iraqi oil $$$

Do you realize that the United States gets a fairly small percentage of our oil from the Middle East?

Equineer
02-04-2005, 01:20 AM
Hmmm...

Current Iraq oil production still flows primarily into Jordan and Turkey, which were the main gateways to the open market before the war began.

We knew about this, but just looked the other way while it was going on during the embargo years. Saddam pocketed more $-billions from these illicit distribution channels than from the U.N. Oil-For-Food program.

See: http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/02/02/iraq.oil.smuggle/index.html

"Estimates of how much revenue Iraq earned from these tolerated side sales of its oil to Jordan and Turkey, as well as to Syria and Egypt, range from $5.7 billion to $13.6 billion.

This illicit revenue far exceeds the estimates of what Saddam pocketed through illegal surcharges on his U.N.-approved oil exports and illegal kickbacks on subsequent Iraqi purchases of food, medicine, and supplies -- $1.7 billion to $4.4 billion -- during the maligned seven-year U.N. oil-for-food program in Iraq."

Equineer
02-04-2005, 02:28 AM
Oil Imports?

Our three largest suppliers of imported crude oil and petroleum are Saudi Arabia, Mexico, and Canada.Crude & Petroleum Imports - Nov 2004 - Thousands of Barrels Per Day

Crude Petroleum
SAUDI ARABIA 1625 1700
MEXICO 1604 1654
CANADA 1557 2094

It all figures... Cheney's Saudi cronies, Bush's Mexican cronies, and then liberal Canada as a safe-haven contingency for counterfeit neo-cons in case we ever really need a military draft. :D :D

PaceAdvantage
02-04-2005, 03:03 AM
Considering a lot of people are under the false impression that the US imports almost all of its oil from the Middle East, the fact that they only account for TEN PERCENT of TOTAL Crude Oil and Petroleum product imports as of NOVEMBER 2004 is enough to validate my prior statement.

If you want to separate CRUDE OIL imports, the Middle East accounts for 18% of CRUDE OIL imports. Thus, I still maintain that it is a fairly SMALL percentage.

Here is a very comprehensive link to the numbers:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/petroleum_supply_monthly/current/txt/table_35.txt

If you need someone to muck your stall again in the future, I'm here for you Equineer....

lsbets
02-04-2005, 03:56 AM
Doc, you either need to get over the Halliburton obsession or get yourself a tinfoil hat.

Equineer
02-04-2005, 04:22 AM
C'mon PA,

I posted nothing to contradict your statement about imports.

Pipelines and proximity are major reasons why we import heavily from Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela.

Here's an even easier ranked listing of our imports (http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html).

Heck, I assumed you were educating xenophobic and geographically challenged neo-cons since they are less likely to have passports than your enlightened readers. :D

PaceAdvantage
02-04-2005, 10:23 AM
C'mon PA,

I posted nothing to contradict your statement about imports.

Appearances are everything my dear....

Secretariat
02-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Bill,

You ask a very valid question. The truth is we do not currently know. Technically, our military has secured the fields, but who is actually benefitting from the oil in Iraq presently is difficult to research to get actual answers.

I assume after their is an actual secured government in Iraq that it should technically be in the coffers of the state-owned fields, but it is still questionable.

All i know is prices for gas are the highest they've ever been during winter and Exxon keeps reporting record profits.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050131/earns_exxon_mobil_11.html

Tom
02-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Hey Sec, you spinning top, you.
Try thison for size - it fact, and everyone knows it to true.
Prior to the first Gulf War, Iraq's oil was sold nthe majority of the profits were funneled to SH and NOT the Iraqi people.
After the war and the sanctions, the oils still sold under the guise of providing food for the Iraqi people. The UN and SH werre in bed together, and once again the Iraqi people saw little, if any of the profits.
You libs are correct in a sense - this war was all about oil. It was all about returning the oil and the profits from it to the rightful owners - the Iraqi people. The USA is, for the first time on decades, allowing the Iraqi people to profit from their own natual resources - namely oil.
You guys are so quick to thorw accusing crap around to somehow make believe our president and orur troops are thieves, when in reality, you mental midgets never complained a bit when the real crooks were suppresing the Iraqi's. Your lies, to me, are tantamount to treason.

Equineer
02-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Tom,

What nonsense... we winked and looked the other way while Saddam pocketed more $-billions (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/02/02/iraq.oil.smuggle/index.html) from illicit oil trade during the embargo years than he made off the Oil-For-Food program.

And profits from oil sales are not shared directly with the Iraqi people as they are in Alaska. When he was in charge, U.S. occupation adminstrator Paul Bremer stated that this will not be feasible for many years because the war will mean that years of reconstruction lie ahead before a new Iraqi government would be able to retire outstanding debts and have budget surpluses.

PaceAdvantage
02-05-2005, 12:03 AM
We didn't wink and look the other way. We waited and patiently collected evidence. The bum's in jail now. What good are those billions doing him?

It's called setting a trap my dear....

LOL

Equineer
02-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Setting a trap for whom?

According to the latest comprehensive report by our own National Intelligence Council, those $-billions pocketed by Saddam's Baathist regime have financed the prolonged and deadly insurgency. :(

Secretariat
02-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Tom,

Can you post some evidence that the profits from the sale of the current oil in Iraq is going to the Iraqi people?

Tom
02-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Tom,

What nonsense... we winked and looked the other way while Saddam pocketed more $-billions (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/02/02/iraq.oil.smuggle/index.html) from illicit oil trade during the embargo years than he made off the Oil-For-Food program.

How thoughtful of you to begin your post with a general synopsis of what it contains....NONSNSE. You saved me the trouble of reading it to find that out.

Tom
02-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Tom,

Can you post some evidence that the profits from the sale of the current oil in Iraq is going to the Iraqi people?

Can YOU post evidence that it is not. YOU are one making the false
accusatons.

Money foing to rebuild and payofff Iraqi debt is going to the Iraqi people.
Money going into the Iraqi treasurey or other accounts is going to the Iraqi's.

You make the challenge to this, you prove it. This is just a variation on Equivet's little head games - bring up the notion of a draft being needed, then challenge the neocons to disprove it. You are in terrible company.

Secretariat
02-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Can YOU post evidence that it is not. YOU are one making the false
accusatons.

Money foing to rebuild and payofff Iraqi debt is going to the Iraqi people.
Money going into the Iraqi treasurey or other accounts is going to the Iraqi's.

You make the challenge to this, you prove it. This is just a variation on Equivet's little head games - bring up the notion of a draft being needed, then challenge the neocons to disprove it. You are in terrible company.

I did not post that it is not. Here is my post again:

"Bill,

You ask a very valid question. The truth is we do not currently know. Technically, our military has secured the fields, but who is actually benefitting from the oil in Iraq presently is difficult to research to get actual answers."

What part of "we do not currently know" is confusing. I am saying I am unable to find any evidence or listing on where or how this money is being spent. I simply asked if you knew of a link or place that supports your position it is going back to the Iraqi people.