PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to piss $26 million down the drain..

sq764
01-31-2005, 05:32 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=71000001&refer=top_world_news&sid=aqkoN4tLMDv8

fouroneone
01-31-2005, 05:47 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=asC2oZAGbhZE&refer=top_world_news

boxcar
01-31-2005, 05:48 PM
sq764 wrote:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=71000001&refer=top_world_new
s&sid=aqkoN4tLMDv8[/QUOTE]

Soros criticized Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan for cutting the benchmark U.S. interest rate to a four decade low of 1 percent, saying he gave Bush's re-elected chances a boost. ``So as far as I'm concerned, (Greenspan) lost credibility.''

Just goes to prove what I've always maintained about Libs: Good News for America is Bad New for Libs.

This yo-yo get's on Greenspan's case for drastically cuting the interest rate, when this strategy proved to be, certainly one of the primary reasons, why we were able to pull ourselves out of a recession. But all Soros can see is that such a move was purely political in nature -- to help Bush out. This WhackJob has his head so far up his butt, he can't figure out that an improving economy is what helped Bush to get reelected! To Soros' way of thinking, it would have been far better for Greeenspan to have done nothing and let the economy get worse at the expense of the common man. What does an Elitist like Soros care? His wealth would have gotten him thorugh virtually anything.

So much for compassionate Liberalism...

Boxcar

sq764
01-31-2005, 05:55 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=asC2oZAGbhZE&refer=top_world_news
See, here's the difference:

Kerry not president

Iraq vote went on as planned

One is a failure, the latter is a success

Thanks for pointing that out

Equineer
01-31-2005, 09:49 PM
$26-Million was a drop in the bucket for Soros, amounting to faint praise for Kerry and the Democratic platform in the 2004 campaign. He would have undoubtedly ponied up real money to back any viable candidate who wholeheartedly embraced the causes funded by his Open Society Institute (OSI), which distributes philanthropic grants in 60 countries, and ranks on a par with the Ford, Rockefeller, Carnegie, Turner, Perot, and Gates philanthropies with respect to global impact.

In many ways, Soros is the liberal counterpart of the conservative Perot. Both are mavericks that often cause as much controversy at their own end of the political spectrum as they do among their natural ideological adversaries.

Very often, the "bipartisan merit" of policies and reforms proposed by mavericks like Soros and Perot is reflected by how much opposition comes from within their own stereotyped ideological ranks.

Of course, Soros is villainized by conservatives (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1319797/posts), but mainstream Democrats also distance themselves from Soros, despite his financial support, because Soros' vision of globalizing democracy by ultimately dismantling institutionalized nationalism, while quite different from Bush's vision for promoting global democracy, is also too radical for traditional Democratic special interest groups.

Of all the candidates that Soros backed financially, only Barack Obama met face-to-face with Soros. Daschle, Boxer, Clinton, Graham, Kerry, Leahy, Lantos, and Dean carefully avoided personal contact with Soros throughout their campaigns.

To me, Soros represents the European Union vision of global democratization. Historically, the bulk of his philantropy backed democratic organizations in Central Europe, and EU liberals lavish praise on Soros for financially backing political movements that accelerated the numerous reforms that were necessary in order for nations formerly in the Eastern Bloc to qualify for EU membership.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how much influence Soros will ever have on American politics. To some he will be the Devil incarnate, while others will practically cannonize him.

Soros' endorsement by the American Bar Association seems to be typical of the extreme reactions Soros elicits.

The American Bar Association Journal has described Soros as: Mr. Democracy... the man who could bring more change to our justice system and the legal profession than anyone since Washington, Franklin, Jefferson, and other Founding Fathers got together to write the Constitution.

Now if that came from the ACLU, it might be no surprise, but when the ABA gets so effusive, that's pretty wild stuff! Is there still room on the slopes of Mt. Rushmore to add at least a cameo tribute to Soros?

sq764
01-31-2005, 09:52 PM
Well, Soros kind of made it clear that in hindsight, he wasn't backing a 'viable' candidate..

Secretariat
01-31-2005, 09:52 PM
This thread parallels one earlier call "More fiscal waste"

So in that vein here's some more:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050131/hl_nm/health_abstinence_texas_dc

Tom
01-31-2005, 10:42 PM
It is entertaing to watch you self destruct. I hope nobody ever steals your strawberries, I keep having this visoin of Humphrey Bogart sitting in the witness chair, rolling those balls in his hand, sweating, coming apart under quesitoning in the Cain Muteny.

"They stole the eleciton. Yeah, that's it, They stole it."
"They waste money, lots of money. Waste it, I tell ya! Waste it!"
"They said there WMDs. They couldn't find them. They lied to me!"
(roll, roll, sweat, sweat)

Heeheehee. Bogarteriat.

Secretariat
02-01-2005, 01:23 AM
It is entertaing to watch you self destruct. I hope nobody ever steals your strawberries, I keep having this visoin of Humphrey Bogart sitting in the witness chair, rolling those balls in his hand, sweating, coming apart under quesitoning in the Cain Muteny.

"They stole the eleciton. Yeah, that's it, They stole it."
"They waste money, lots of money. Waste it, I tell ya! Waste it!"
"They said there WMDs. They couldn't find them. They lied to me!"
(roll, roll, sweat, sweat)

Heeheehee. Bogarteriat.

Thanks for the Bogart comparision Tom. He happens to be my favorite actor of all time.

Tom
02-01-2005, 08:38 PM
I have a Bogart bust, almost life sized. I keep my FL hat on him.

fast4522
02-03-2005, 08:25 PM
We are different, we do not agree, currently we outnumber you, if we do not like our partys pick we will abstain, it does not matter to you people you will vote for any jackass.