PDA

View Full Version : What Happens Now?

CryingForTheHorses
01-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Now that the Iraqi people have been able to vote and decide their own fate, What now happens in the process of democracy? Does the UN step in to offer help? What about all the countries that opposed his war? Will they now to get a finger in the pie?.Who will get to rebuild Iraq? Will the nonsupporting countries get to florish in rebuilding contracts because of a lower bid?.Im askng because I dont have a clue of what the next step will be.

sq764
01-31-2005, 04:53 PM
I think some countries are regretting seperating themselves from Iraq and the US's goals..

doophus
01-31-2005, 05:43 PM
Maybe no-bid contracts to Texas hdqtrd companies? :kiss:

sq764
01-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Maybe no-bid contracts to Texas hdqtrd companies? :kiss:
Maybe if a Dem could ever win, you guys could get in on that action.. :D

Secretariat
01-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Now that the Iraqi people have been able to vote and decide their own fate, What now happens in the process of democracy? Does the UN step in to offer help? What about all the countries that opposed his war? Will they now to get a finger in the pie?.Who will get to rebuild Iraq? Will the nonsupporting countries get to florish in rebuilding contracts because of a lower bid?.Im askng because I dont have a clue of what the next step will be.

Your questions are good ones. This Associated Press article asks a few more:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050131/wl_mideast_afp/iraqvotemideastpress_050131102729

Secretariat
01-31-2005, 08:41 PM
I think some countries are regretting seperating themselves from Iraq and the US's goals..

Do you mean the ones who didn't join the coalition of the willing such as France and Germany or those in the coalition of the willing who are withdrawing from Iraq?

Ukraine pulling out by middle of 2005

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A64197-2005Jan10.html

Ukraine to withdraw troops from Iraq
UPI

Ukraine's Parliament voted Tuesday to approve withdrawal of the its peacekeeping troops from Iraq.
The motion, approved by 308 out of 450 deputies, recommended that the president of Ukraine sign a decree to withdraw the troops from Iraq, Itar-Tass reported.

Ukraine has deployed 1,575 troops to Iraq's Wasit province since August 2003.

Since then, 17 Ukrainian peacekeepers have died in the line of duty and more than 20 have been wounded.

Turkey demanding pullout by end of 2005:

http://www.turks.us/article.php?story=20050130223826956&mode=print

Poland to withdraw from Iraq

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/050131/kyodo/d87v5ufg0.html

sq764
01-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Do you mean the ones who didn't join the coalition of the willing such as France and Germany or those in the coalition of the willing who are withdrawing from Iraq?

Ukraine pulling out by middle of 2005

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A64197-2005Jan10.html

Ukraine to withdraw troops from Iraq
UPI

Ukraine's Parliament voted Tuesday to approve withdrawal of the its peacekeeping troops from Iraq.
The motion, approved by 308 out of 450 deputies, recommended that the president of Ukraine sign a decree to withdraw the troops from Iraq, Itar-Tass reported.

Ukraine has deployed 1,575 troops to Iraq's Wasit province since August 2003.

Since then, 17 Ukrainian peacekeepers have died in the line of duty and more than 20 have been wounded.

Turkey demanding pullout by end of 2005:

http://www.turks.us/article.php?story=20050130223826956&mode=print

Poland to withdraw from Iraq

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/050131/kyodo/d87v5ufg0.html
Yes, those.

Show Me the Wire
01-31-2005, 09:42 PM
McSchell_Racing:

What happens next? The invasion of Syria.

BTW, don't take the insults to seriously. You are a winner, on the track, and people don't like winners. People will attack you out of jealousy because of your sucess with your horses. So remember the next time an insulting post is directed toward you it is because you are a weinner.

JustRalph
01-31-2005, 09:50 PM
I think history shows us that in previous fledgling democratic societies that many small portions of the new country end up fighting over small and large differences, and it will last for years to come. Cultural, religious and even political boundaries caused many different problems for years to come.

As a matter of fact...........in the United States it went on for over seventy five years.................culminating in the civil war.............

Secretariat
01-31-2005, 09:54 PM
I think history shows us that in previous fledgling democratic societies that many small portions of the new country end up fighting over small and large differences, and it will last for years to come. Cultural, religious and even political boundaries caused many different problems for years to come.

As a matter of fact...........in the United States it went on for over seventy five years.................culminating in the civil war.............

Wow...and they call my posts negative....So this is what we have to look forward to in Iraq for the next seventy five years?

Tom
01-31-2005, 10:36 PM
So you are saying the colonists should have pulled out of America to avoid the hard times? :D

Steve 'StatMan'
01-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Getting freedom, and continually holding it, is a hard task. That's why we have our own armed forces.

The Revolutionary War went on for several years, and then there was the War of 1812, which essentially was the Second Revolutionary War, when the British tried to take the young United States back.

I don't see same size of the current U.S. presence in Iraq in the long-term future, but I see us as a strong ally to help them hold their Democratically Elected Government in place. So many argued before the invasion that they didn't want us to replace one tyrant (Sadam) with another. Seems to me these terrorist insurgents, who wanted to deny their fellow countrymen the chance to vote, ARE the other tyrants.

Therefore, I see us in a key role of assisting and training the New Iraqi Forces so they can defend themselves from these problems and situations, and avoid any problems from potential invasion from their neighbors.

I don't imagine hundreds of thousands of our troops there, but I would expect some in-country presence (personel and equipment). We've had troops in Europe for over 60 years since WWII - (Thanks CJ and company!). Some of that presence, it's was annouced, will be shifted elsewhere from Europe and So. Korea. But there will likely need to be some help from us to help Iraq hold their freedom and complete their internal 'peace'.

Remember, it was the U.N. and Koffi Anan who stated before our invasion that the U.S. was NOT to split up Iraq. Yet with the Sunni dominated areas, that would have seemed the more easier thing to do - if it would have resulted in 3 'Little Iraqs' that can get along internally, vs. one big one where a large part can get's along. But the Sunni's had their chance, and chose to shun the election, and their associated 'Insurgents' are causing the majority of the violence, against not only the U.S., but their own countrymen. To those who fought against the election and working with their fellow countrymen, I can't help but say "Too Damn Bad". If a lot of the problems are because of what the Sunni's did to the others under Sadam, then they reap some of what they've sown. On the other hand - it is better for them to join as one with their fellow countrymen and become One Iraq, than to keep causing problems and the lack of growth and problem solving. I truly hope they can embrace the New, One Iraq - it is essential for all their peace, their countrymen, and their nation's survival.

CryingForTheHorses
02-01-2005, 04:40 AM
McSchell_Racing:

What happens next? The invasion of Syria.

BTW, don't take the insults to seriously. You are a winner, on the track, and people don't like winners. People will attack you out of jealousy because of your sucess with your horses. So remember the next time an insulting post is directed toward you it is because you are a winner.

Thanks..

CryingForTheHorses
02-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Getting freedom, and continually holding it, is a hard task. That's why we have our own armed forces.

The Revolutionary War went on for several years, and then there was the War of 1812, which essentially was the Second Revolutionary War, when the British tried to take the young United States back.

I don't see same size of the current U.S. presence in Iraq in the long-term future, but I see us as a strong ally to help them hold their Democratically Elected Government in place. So many argued before the invasion that they didn't want us to replace one tyrant (Sadam) with another. Seems to me these terrorist insurgents, who wanted to deny their fellow countrymen the chance to vote, ARE the other tyrants.

Therefore, I see us in a key role of assisting and training the New Iraqi Forces so they can defend themselves from these problems and situations, and avoid any problems from potential invasion from their neighbors.

I don't imagine hundreds of thousands of our troops there, but I would expect some in-country presence (personel and equipment). We've had troops in Europe for over 60 years since WWII - (Thanks CJ and company!). Some of that presence, it's was annouced, will be shifted elsewhere from Europe and So. Korea. But there will likely need to be some help from us to help Iraq hold their freedom and complete their internal 'peace'.

Remember, it was the U.N. and Koffi Anan who stated before our invasion that the U.S. was NOT to split up Iraq. Yet with the Sunni dominated areas, that would have seemed the more easier thing to do - if it would have resulted in 3 'Little Iraqs' that can get along internally, vs. one big one where a large part can get's along. But the Sunni's had their chance, and chose to shun the election, and their associated 'Insurgents' are causing the majority of the violence, against not only the U.S., but their own countrymen. To those who fought against the election and working with their fellow countrymen, I can't help but say "Too Damn Bad". If a lot of the problems are because of what the Sunni's did to the others under Sadam, then they reap some of what they've sown. On the other hand - it is better for them to join as one with their fellow countrymen and become One Iraq, than to keep causing problems and the lack of growth and problem solving. I truly hope they can embrace the New, One Iraq - it is essential for all their peace, their countrymen, and their nation's survival.

Great post!! 11 million people have spoken by voting, Maybe blew a little wind out of the insurgents sails.
Its only a matter of time before the Iraqi's turn on them.They will soon start showng the same hatred as the insurgents against them.

doophus
02-01-2005, 07:22 PM
How long did/have we remain(ed) in the Philippines? S. Korea? Japan?

It may take a couple of generations b-4 the Mid East is stabilized; that is, if the politicos allow us to complete the mission.

When will our politicos begin the Arab deportation process? How many years b-4 each of us will be walking around looking like Wyatt Earp?

BTW, for those of us who enjoy quail hunting in S. Texas, is there a bounty on illegals? Are those illegals still speaking primarily Spanish and not Arabic nor Chinese?

CryingForTheHorses
02-01-2005, 07:49 PM
LMAO@ walking around like Wyatt Erp!
Ill meet y'all down here at the ok Corral here in Hallandale (GP)

Tom
02-01-2005, 09:32 PM
I'll tell you a story
A real true life story
A tale of the Western frontier

The West it was lawless
But one man was flawless
And his is the story you'll hear.

CHORUS
Wyatt Earp, Wyatt Earp, brave courageous and bold.
Long live his fame and long live his glory
And long may his story be told.

He came to Kansas
To settle in Kansas
He planned on a peaceable life.

Some goods and some chattel
A few head of cattle
A home and a sweet loving wife.

CHORUS

He wasn't partial
To being a marshal
But fate went and dealt him his hand.