PDA

View Full Version : GP rider in critical condition

Valuist
01-31-2005, 10:31 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/62382.html

razzle
01-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Valuist, thanks for posting. I played that race, but didn't get to see it, and hadn't looked at the chart. I had In Hand and Macaw in the first two positions with Host. Were it not for the spill, I might've even cashed a GP race...

Anyway, my issues here are small compared to what the Boulanger family must be facing. Fortunately, Castro appears unhurt. But, if Boulanger was refusing treatment, then required brain surgery, that's a very grave sign. Gary's been around a long time in a very hazardous occupation. My best wishes to him and his family. raz

Buddha
01-31-2005, 02:05 PM
My thoughts are maybe swelling or bleeding would cause the brain surgery. I dont know though, and I hope all goes well and he will be fine soon.

CryingForTheHorses
01-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Very soory to see this happen,Paper says he had his spleen removed and word is he had sweeling of the brain, All I really know is about his spleen. I sure hope he wll be ok. Hang in there Gary! The hospital he is in is 5 mins away. Lisa has gone to take him and the family flowers.

kenwoodallpromos
01-31-2005, 02:44 PM
My best wishes go out.
I'm sure this affects everyone around the track and backside.
Also brings back the need to get the medical compensation business fixed because of the possiblities of these major medical emergencies.

CryingForTheHorses
01-31-2005, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=McSchell_Racing]Very soory to see this happen,Paper says he had his spleen removed and word is he had sweeling of the brain, All I really know is about his spleen. I sure hope he wll be ok. Hang in there Gary! The hospital he is in is 5 mins away. Lisa has gone to take him and the family flowers.[/QUOTE

Hospital not letting anybody but family in to see Gary, No flowers are allowed as of yet.He isnt out of the woods yet,WE all need to say a prayer for him and for the family.

Pace Cap'n
01-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Valuist, thanks for posting. I played that race, but didn't get to see it, and hadn't looked at the chart. I had In Hand and Macaw in the first two positions with Host. Were it not for the spill, I might've even cashed a GP race...

I happend to see the race on TV. Those two were trailing the field, or almost all of it, coming into the turn. Was able to see In Hand just start to go down and then they were out of view.

Pace Cap'n
01-31-2005, 06:36 PM

I happend to see the race on TV. Those two were trailing the field coming into the turn. Was able to see In Hand just start to go down and then they were out of view.

toetoe
01-31-2005, 07:41 PM
You can say THAT again.
Boulanger is tough as nails. He was one of many to play second fiddle to Baze in N. Cal. (Marco Castaneda, Ron Hansen, Victor Espinoza, Jason Lumpkins, etc.) and was best buddies with Jack Kaenel. Best luck to the Bread Man.

TOOZ
02-01-2005, 07:42 AM
I don't know if it's just me, but if the article is about Gary B. and his terrible accident, I don't care who won the race and ending the article with that to me seems classless. I've seen this before, years ago, when the harness driver Peter Haughton killed himself in a car accident at the Meadowlands, the article describing the incident ended by telling the reader what the Double paid. Unbelievable.

Valuist
02-03-2005, 01:21 PM
He's at least showing some progress:

http://www.drf.com/news/article/62435.html