PDA

View Full Version : My Maiden Breaker

GeTydOn
01-29-2005, 10:19 PM
New here and this is my first trip to the post. Looking forward to the conversations. This board looks pretty cool.

toetoe
01-29-2005, 10:24 PM
On behalf of all the degenerates, welcome a-Board.

Suff
01-29-2005, 10:38 PM
New here and this is my first trip to the post. Looking forward to the conversations. This board looks pretty cool.

Whats your Poison? Where do you play? How do you play?..

Lay down some skinny on the who, what ands wheres of your activities at the windows?

GeTydOn
01-29-2005, 10:44 PM
No offense but doling out personal information ain't something I do.

Suff
01-29-2005, 10:50 PM

where you play is Personal Information? Ok.

GeTydOn
01-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Lay down some skinny on the who, what ands wheres of your activities at the windows?

Was only looking to just maybe get involved in some racing banter from time to time. Was not looking to write an autobiography. Thanks for the interest, but it ain't interesting.

Experience from reading a few threads on this site shows mucho hostility in this place. I'm keeping it simple.

Suff
01-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Was only looking to just maybe get involved in some racing banter from time to time. Was not looking to write an autobiography. Thanks for the interest, but it ain't interesting.

Experience from reading a few threads on this site shows mucho hostility in this place. I'm keeping it simple.

Yea Miscommunication. Because I didn't mean to give you the impression I wanted an autobiography.. But used slang.

I thought..Something along the lines of " I play California, I like Pik3's,I've been playing for a few years".... would be racing banter."
No problem. This conversation probably saved some time down the road anyway.

PaceAdvantage
01-29-2005, 11:16 PM

Hostility?

OK, everyone please help me out. Anyone who thinks there is mucho hostility on any board OTHER than off-topic, please contact me privately with ways you think this hostility can be alleviated.

I honestly don't see a problem....heated debate at times, yes....but hostility is something I don't condone, and usually don't allow....

Thanks! And welcome aboard!

Suff
01-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Hostility?

OK, everyone please help me out. Anyone who thinks there is mucho hostility on any board OTHER than off-topic, please contact me privately with ways you think this hostility can be alleviated.

I honestly don't see a problem....heated debate at times, yes....but hostility is something I don't condone, and usually don't allow....

He's new. At 10:19 the place was cool. At 10:44 the place is hostile.

I used slang to try and say,, "tell us a Little about Yourself"...
Perhaps I was out of order or chose incorrect verbage. I hate to make a New guy feel unwelcome or uncomfortable. In my own way I was attempting to be friendly.

toetoe
01-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Just hooyoo callin' hoss-tile, Jr.? Okay, it was a JOKE! (Arms up, palms out in "WHOA" formation.)

fmhealth
01-30-2005, 12:21 PM
Welcome aboard!! You'll have the opportunity to get some very incisive points of view from many experienced 'cappers. I've been at this game for the past 46 years. Can honestly say I've taken away far more than I've contributed to most discussions.

kenwoodallpromos
01-30-2005, 01:28 PM
You will find some threads here to banter on. You will learn a lot.
You will also find some people willing to give out "personal information" anonymouely. Either way, have fun.

CryingForTheHorses
01-30-2005, 01:47 PM

This place is very cool until I mention MEC...Hope your a fan!!!!

CryingForTheHorses
01-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Hostility?

Yes PA its NEVER a problem!!..As long as its your friends that are directing the hostility.Why contact you privately?..You ashamed of your friends?

GeTydOn
01-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Sorry if anyone took offense to the hostility comment. Guess maybe it's all done with love here. McShell, maybe PA administrators prefer private contact instead of opening a can of worms publicly.

The Hawk
01-30-2005, 04:37 PM
We're all horseplayers, and we all have opinions. Of course. difference of opinion is what makes horse racing. I wouldn't confuse hostility with a passionate opinion. I, for one, respect the opinion of everyone on the board because we share the same passion.

McShell, I've had disagreements with PA but thought your comments were uncalled for in light of this thread. This newcomer has the impression that there's hostility on this board and though that's not true this kind of post does nothing to dispel that notion. If we can't disagree on certain points what's the point of the board anyway? PA and I have had disagreements but I respect his opinion and, like everyone else here, I appreciate the passion for the game.

Suff
01-30-2005, 04:41 PM
This newcomer .

The Jury is still out.

Storm Cadet
01-30-2005, 07:00 PM
There are many great players here!'

Lot's to learn from these vets...and not only about racing! ;)

CryingForTheHorses
01-30-2005, 07:06 PM
We're all horseplayers, and we all have opinions. Of course. difference of opinion is what makes horse racing. I wouldn't confuse hostility with a passionate opinion. I, for one, respect the opinion of everyone on the board because we share the same passion.

McShell, I've had disagreements with PA but thought your comments were uncalled for in light of this thread. This newcomer has the impression that there's hostility on this board and though that's not true this kind of post does nothing to dispel that notion. If we can't disagree on certain points what's the point of the board anyway? PA and I have had disagreements but I respect his opinion and, like everyone else here, I appreciate the passion for the game.

My kind sir!
There is NOBODY that has more of a passion for this game then ME.I love to debate and give my thoughts,EVEN if it means belittling myself!.Please do not tell me MY comment was out of line, Im sure you have not been a target like I have been.I guess you dont think being called ignorant, stupid,idiot, whatever hostility. There are "several' members on this board that no matter what they say its not offensive! Just letting the new member know.

takeout
01-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Does this mean you are not reading DRF’s free news? :D

krazykimo
01-30-2005, 09:26 PM
my first post-hey getyon
your moronic response that you "ain't "about giving out personal information
shows you are a moron

krazykimo

Tom
01-30-2005, 11:06 PM
So...who are you?? :rolleyes:

kingfin66
01-30-2005, 11:31 PM
my first post-hey getyon
your moronic response that you "ain't "about giving out personal information
shows you are a moron

krazykimo

Hmmmm....

the little guy
01-30-2005, 11:50 PM
I could be wrong here, but i think there is a " multiple " problem taking place in this thread.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2005, 01:05 AM
I guess you dont think being called ignorant, stupid,idiot, whatever hostility. There are "several' members on this board that no matter what they say its not offensive! Just letting the new member know.

McSchell, I've never called you those names, so I don't know why you keep bringing my name up.

And krazykimo, your first post was your last. Bye bye.

CryingForTheHorses
01-31-2005, 04:35 AM
I never said you called me them names PA!..Please reread my post!! I was just replying to your statment

CryingForTheHorses
01-31-2005, 04:37 AM
I could be wrong here, but i think there is a " multiple " problem taking place in this thread.

You sir are one of the members that I am talking about!

the little guy
01-31-2005, 08:07 AM
You sir are one of the members that I am talking about!Yes, you were an innocent victim of my boorish behavoir. I'm so ashamed.

By the way, in case your interested, my post in this thread had absolutely nothing to do with you.

toetoe
01-31-2005, 09:13 AM
Suff,
I hear the jury you speak of is hung.
A "folk" tale from your "neighboring" Norfolk, this by Dick Shawn (remember him?)

We are the girls from Norfolk High
We don't smoke
Nor drink
NORFOLK, NORFOLK, NORFOLK ....