PDA

View Full Version : Speling Geniuses?

Tom
01-29-2005, 11:53 AM
You guys have called me out on my spelling a few times in the past (I maintain it is tyoing, not speelling :D )

Yesterday, I was sitting in an airport, watching CNN on the ginat TV screen, and the closed captioning was on. Those guys mispelled about one word every sentence! It was so bad, even I caught it :rolleyes:

Example: wrong = rong. Insiders = inciders. Celebration - calibration. Be right back = be right bak.

Now we know where all those out-of-work Kerry supporters ended up after November. :kiss:

Overlay
01-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Not only do they misspell words, they also change words entirely. I watch Headline News on my lunch hour every day, and it always cheers me up to see the way the captioners mangle syntax sometimes. (In fairness to them, I'm sure I would do no better, even if I were an accomplished touch-typist (which I'm not), if I had to try to keep up with the spoken word on a keyboard in real time.)

kenwoodallpromos
01-29-2005, 08:00 PM
CNN is also mispelled. As a news source it is a CON.

toetoe
01-29-2005, 11:04 PM
I think machines are doing that. Or non-native speakers. See the same on closed-captioning on t-v.

Suff
01-29-2005, 11:47 PM
You guys have called me out on my spelling a few times in the past (I maintain it is tyoing, not speelling :D )

:

Yea Tom.. I think thats all computerized and the more garbled the speaker the worse the Text is.

I'm a disaster when it comes to spelling. #1, I'm blind as a bat and can't see the letters on the keyboard without my glass's that I hate wearing. I just hack away.. I can't see the screen to well either. Like I said.. I just seek and poke at the keyboard and squint at the monitor.. and hope I'm close enough that people can make it out.

Also... #2 , I really don't care. If people catch my drift thats good enough for me.