PDA

View Full Version : Sartin "Windows" Program / What would you want in it?

shanta
01-28-2005, 09:58 AM
First off there is NO such program available( that I know of).

If there were what are some of the features ( beside telling us the winner in advance) that you would want included? datasources, readouts, etc,etc.

It really is amazing that the group responsible for most of the readouts in today's programs NEVER put out a WINDOWS program.

What would you want if you were making the program for YOURSELF?

Richie :)

sq764
01-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Richie, you know my thoughts..

Automated paceline parameters
Easy, one-sheet customizable printouts
Results capability, to show bias/winner models
An option for a 'quick handicap' option, where you can choose an option to let you run an entire card in a minute..

Binder
01-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Hi Rich

I love Val. 3 just the way it is
but I know a windows version is needed
For me the DOS program is fine.
If you could change anything I would love to see in a windows version, The V/DC readouts added to the BL/BL screen
also the ability to hide from all the screens
would be helpful
All of Sq.'s suggestions would be helpful too
Plus maybe then he will rejoin our group :)

Good Skill
Binder
V/DC Messenger

46zilzal
01-28-2005, 09:58 PM
it's just about ready....talk to Dylan..should be ready by Spring time

sq764
01-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Any other non-piece-of-trash designing it??

46zilzal
01-28-2005, 11:31 PM
He is a very capable programmer working with Dr. Sartin's long time programmer Guy Wadsworth (the fellow who did the code for synthesis and validator)....You can't get any closer to the ORIGINAL Pirco than that. If you have personal problems with him so be it, but that is the ONLY place where you are going to find the updates, because NO one else has the algorithms.

If you want input to the new version, contact them...you have the address

sq764
01-28-2005, 11:44 PM
He is a very capable programmer working with Dr. Sartin's long time programmer Guy Wadsworth (the fellow who did the code for synthesis and validator)....You can't get any closer to the ORIGINAL Pirco than that. If you have personal problems with him so be it, but that is the ONLY place where you are going to find the updates, because NO one else has the algorithms.

If you want input to the new version, contact them...you have the address
I already have what I need.. Not the ONLY place to find it.. :D

TRM
01-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Shanta,

Not sure if this counts or not, but at one point I was using Bradshaw's Match-Up program. It contained a nice little algorithm caleed EMBL-SMBL something to the effect of Early match up beaten lengths and Sustained match-up beaten lengths. It was great for isolating key horses. If there is a chance Guy or Dylan had this module it would be a great inclusion.

shanta
01-31-2005, 09:26 AM
it's just about ready....talk to Dylan..should be ready by Spring time

I think that's great news. Anything Guy Wadsworth is involved with is the real deal. He is also a super nice man!

What i would want is real simple: a FULL WORKING DEMO of the program to use before making any PURCHASE.

Just check the software section here:
J capper
computrak
propace
Equism
Synergism 6
HTR
The people behind these programs have ALL made available full working demos available to try BEFORE PURCHASE.

Ken Massa at HTR even goes 1 step beyond by offering a weekend EVERY month of files to work LIVE races with AT NO COST to the user. Are you serious! What's the old saying about "actions speak louder than words". This man just ooozes CLASS and HONESTY in my opinion.

Nothing less than a full working demo is acceptable especially with the Sartin name associated with it. No taking any "testors" word for me.

Zil since you obviously are involved in the program's development maybe you can pass on the ideas of both Scott ( SQ) and TRM as well as mine to the powers that be.

Best of luck,
Richie :)

First_Place
01-31-2005, 10:26 AM
"Any other non-piece-of-trash designing it??"

I'm not gonna argue with that statement. Dylan can be obnoxious and quick to delete someone from his Yahoo! Sartin Alums group.

FP

Kreed
01-31-2005, 07:38 PM
LOL .. u devotees are weird. That guy Sartin pretended 2 have a PhD .. as
Barry Meadow exposed. OK, that's no big deal in itself (it's a LIE 4 sure, but
hey I'd overlook it) but why this pretend Exclusive sham ... that's A ploy often
used by ........... liars. Cuidado. Sartin's math sucks. LOL its silly that grown
ups will succumb 2 this garbage .... IT'S A GUY THING. LOL.

fast4522
01-31-2005, 09:01 PM
You are correct when you try to bunch folks into one group and make a statement about them, but that applies to any group. On the other hand the math is quite good and the software does work. But where will someone give you $20 in exchange for $5. If your not sharp enough to use sartin based software then its good that you stay away from it.

46zilzal
01-31-2005, 09:04 PM
The vast majority of programs out there are based upon his fundamental ideas regardless of his personal position. Don't know what this "exclusive" malarkey is all about, but if you find it NOT helpful, don't use it.

I know that something "bugs the snot" out of Davidowitz regarding the methodology, but I don't care and nor do the majority of people who understand it and use it all the time. BOTTOM LINE: It works. Don't care it Mickey Mouse himself invented and promoted it!

betovernetcapper
01-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Aside from the group identity, what does the Sartin program offer that other programs aren't?

46zilzal
01-31-2005, 10:02 PM
without knowing what are in the others....who knows?

What I see here ALL THE TIME is folks JUMPING from program to program without ever getting to know any of them well..okay so be it.

fast4522
01-31-2005, 10:11 PM
If you can read the drf and pick winners with just the drf, then you can do quite well with the addition of sartin software.

cratman
01-31-2005, 10:11 PM
We (a partner and myself) consulted with Sartin in connection with a project that was unrelated to horse racing. He provided valuable insights into the psychology of persons making investments that were not provided by very prominent persons in the area. In my view (and I do have an undergraduate degree in phsychology) he clearly knew a great deal, and had a conceptual grasp of this subject.

46zilzal
01-31-2005, 10:16 PM
In my view (and I do have an undergraduate degree in phsychology) he clearly knew a great deal, and had a conceptual grasp of this subject.
MOST of the math was done by others, but the psychological education was all his and it was his strong point, particularly the Eastern philosophical references he was always talking about: I Ching, Yin/Yang and the GREAT books which substantiated many of the more radical ideas, i.e Complexity by Waldrop and Gleick's Chaos. There is ORDER within the apparent chaos of a horse race.

betovernetcapper
01-31-2005, 10:26 PM
Maybe instead of a Windows program, you guys should find a Sanskrit version. :rolleyes:

First_Place
02-01-2005, 09:31 PM
"BOTTOM LINE: It works. Don't care it Mickey Mouse himself invented and promoted it!"

Amen bro.

FP