PDA

View Full Version : How many on this payroll?

ljb
01-28-2005, 07:46 AM
"One day after President Bush ordered his Cabinet secretaries to stop hiring commentators to help promote administration initiatives, and one day after the second high-profile conservative pundit was found to be on the federal payroll, a third embarrassing hire has emerged. Salon has confirmed that Michael McManus, a marriage advocate whose syndicated column, "Ethics & Religion," appears in 50 newspapers, was hired as a subcontractor by the Department of Health and Human Services to foster a Bush-approved marriage initiative. McManus championed the plan in his columns without disclosing to readers he was being paid to help it succeed."
End quote.
Another fine example of your tax dollars at work ! :rolleyes:

hurrikane
01-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Now surely you are not naive enough to think this is the first time this has happened...in any administration.

ljb
01-28-2005, 03:41 PM
And what facts do you have to show me prior administrations have hired reporters etc. to propagandize their goals?

Secretariat
01-28-2005, 05:22 PM
It really aggravates me that my taxpayer money went to some columnist to promote Bush propaganda. I don't care if it occurred in any other administration. As if that excuse justifies it.

Can't you guys ever just say it was wrong to do that! Where are these famous Republican values..in using taxpayer money for propaganda....Actually, it may very well be a crime. Congress has never authorized funds to be used in that way by the executive branch. Perhaps it's time for a special prosecutor.

kenwoodallpromos
01-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Goodbyr NPR and most college libraries!

sq764
01-28-2005, 07:30 PM
It really aggravates me that my taxpayer money went to some columnist to promote Bush propaganda. I don't care if it occurred in any other administration. As if that excuse justifies it.

Can't you guys ever just say it was wrong to do that! Where are these famous Republican values..in using taxpayer money for propaganda....Actually, it may very well be a crime. Congress has never authorized funds to be used in that way by the executive branch. Perhaps it's time for a special prosecutor.
Let's get the ones who prosecuted when $40 million of taxpayer money was 'blown' all due to Billy C!!

sq764
01-28-2005, 07:32 PM
And yes Sec, that was another Bill Clinton reference.. And we are all still waiting for you to 'just say it was wrong to do that!'

Pot meet kettle..

ljb
01-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Never thought this would happen but I agree with sq. The gubmnt did waste a lot of money to prove slick willie got a knob job. Another example of waste by the repubs.

Tom
01-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Ken, you took the word tihgt out of my mouth.
I am willing to concede we should not allow taxpayer money to used like Bush used, if they will conced to let NPR and PBS pay their own way get not one dollar from the governement. And an end of ALL tax money used to suppor the arts.

Tom
01-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Now surely you are not naive enough to think this is the first time this has happened...in any administration.

I am quite sure he is. :D

hurrikane
01-29-2005, 11:39 AM
every adminstration spends millions on PR campaigns. Every single one of them.

wake up!