PDA

View Full Version : Mets Going After Mientkiewicz to Fill 1B Needs

IRISHLADSTABLE
01-26-2005, 01:21 PM
http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nym/news/nym_news.jsp?ymd=20050125&content_id=934467&vkey=news_nym&fext=.jsp

sq764
01-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Tell you what, the Mets should have every shot this year to contend.. hey have a decent mix of youngsters with aging vets..

They better do it fast because Glavine, Pedro, Piazza are definitely in their twilight years and don't have much left in the tank.

I still think the payout for Beltran was insane.. The guy is very good, but not a superstar..

Bubbles
01-27-2005, 11:53 AM
That outfield could use some work. Besides Beltran, they have an injury-prone leftfielder (Floyd) and an already-injured hit-or-miss guy in right (Cameron). With their bullpen (Or lack thereof) in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see them not win their division.

sq764
01-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Oh I never thought they would win the division.. I thought at best they might fight for the Wild card spot..

Glavine stunk the 2nd half, Pedro is not going to be used to getting 1-2 runs a game and losing.. He'll quit caring around the All-star break.

Piazza will probably get some injury and as you said Floyd and Cameron haven't seemed to have a full year without getting hurt..