PDA

View Full Version : aluminum pads

46zilzal
01-26-2005, 12:58 PM
someone help me understand their use

JustRalph
01-26-2005, 01:32 PM

Amazing.......something you don't understand? You poor idiot!

46zilzal
01-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Amazing.......something you don't understand? You poor idiot!
I think you are carrying over hostilty from another arena....Seems to me an area is provided for that.

Ignorance (not being aware) is not stupidity

kenwoodallpromos
01-26-2005, 01:56 PM
The only difference between aluminum and steel plates as far as I know is they weigh less.
The website for Victory Plates has good information.

Observer
01-26-2005, 02:18 PM
The question was regarding aluminum "pads" not aluminum "plates."

Basically .. an aluminum pad is a corrective type of racing shoe.

Let me see if I can find an image...

garyoz
01-26-2005, 03:05 PM
I have heard that racing in aluminum pads is like running on the beach in combat boots. I have no real understanding of them, but almost always downgrade or toss horses wearing them and it usually works.

Observer
01-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Couldn't find an image of an aluminum pad .. but here's a very detailed description of various horse foot gear:

All About Shoes (http://www.horseshoes.com/advice/essays/stovall1/horseshoeingatoz.htm)

PaceAdvantage
01-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Posts had to be removed because they were off topic and not appreciated....

Thanks for your cooperation.

CryingForTheHorses
01-27-2005, 02:09 PM

I have never heard of this!, They do have felt pads that sit under the shoe and hoof for added comfort, They also have a plastic pad that also goes under the shoe and the horses hoof,This is very common for most horses,I have never heard of such a pad but in this day of racing, Im sure I would have seen them. Shoeing is very important on your horse,ALL problems concerning the legs and ankles can be caused from poor shoeing!

Observer
01-27-2005, 05:25 PM
An aluminum pad is very different from the comfort "shock absorbing" pads that are inserted between the shoe and hoof.

Aluminum pads are used on horses who have troubled feet. It's a very thin piece that protects either the entire sole of the hoof, or a portion of the sole of the hoof.

Pace Cap'n
01-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Posts had to be removed because they were off topic and not appreciated....

Thanks for your cooperation.

But if someone wants to besmirch, denigrate, slander, and question the intellectual capacity and character of the brave men in our armed forces, then this must be the place to come.

CryingForTheHorses
01-27-2005, 06:35 PM
An aluminum pad is very different from the comfort "shock absorbing" pads that are inserted between the shoe and hoof.

Aluminum pads are used on horses who have troubled feet. It's a very thin piece that protects either the entire sole of the hoof, or a portion of the sole of the hoof.

Ihave saw leather full pads and also plastic pads heated and moulded to the shape of the bottom of the foot,I seem to never quit learning on here.

PaceAdvantage
01-27-2005, 07:25 PM
But if someone wants to besmirch, denigrate, slander, and question the intellectual capacity and character of the brave men in our armed forces, then this must be the place to come.

Again, try and remain on topic. That's all I ask....

That, and making the effort to keep the conversation ABOVE the 4th grade level....so in essence, I ask two things..... :rolleyes:

kenwoodallpromos
01-27-2005, 09:51 PM
FYI.