PDA

View Full Version : ENERGY MANUALS

delayjf
01-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Saw a copy of the old Sartin Energy manuals for sale on ebay, but too late to buy. Has any body out there read those manuals and is there anything new to be gleaned from them. I heard they were excellant. I can remember the glowing reports on how well users were doing with the Sartin Energy program. What ever happened to that program??

Tom
01-25-2005, 08:00 PM
I don't think you will get anything new or usable unless you have Energy or Thoromation or Kgen. Sartin moved on to the Pacelauncher series then I don't know what sequence caem - I stopped at T-mation and Kgen. Both are good programs and I still have them. I always use Kgen on the triple crown and B Cup races. I enter multple lines into Kgen and look for ones to throw out becase the shape is abberent, as shown on the graphs. But manual entry makes them hard to use for a lot of tracks.

46zilzal
01-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Saw a copy of the old Sartin Energy manuals for sale on ebay, but too late to buy. Has any body out there read those manuals and is there anything new to be gleaned from them. I heard they were excellant. I can remember the glowing reports on how well users were doing with the Sartin Energy program. What ever happened to that program??

Programs went in this order: Phase I, II, II, Energy, Thoromation, Pace Launcher, Quad-Rater, Synthesis, Validator and the latest is Speculator(2004-5)...Alive and well with Howard Sartin's old programmer (Guy Wadsworth) discussing support for same at SartinAlums@yahoo.com

delayjf
01-26-2005, 01:51 PM
I was thinking more alone the lines of the theory behind energy and possibly applying the concepts with more modern programs. I used the match-up II program for a long while, but hated the manual entry. Anybody here ever reproduce the 70% winners that Hambleton and some of the other users claimed.

NoDayJob
01-26-2005, 01:59 PM
You might want to talk to "thoroughbred".

NDJ

46zilzal
01-26-2005, 02:42 PM
I was thinking more alone the lines of the theory behind energy and possibly applying the concepts with more modern programs. I used the match-up II program for a long while, but hated the manual entry. Anybody here ever reproduce the 70% winners that Hambleton and some of the other users claimed.

Never saw 50% but the entire theory is Huey Mah'ls - simply getting tired over a piece of ground..none of the newer ones use Manual entery and it just nailed a $30.00 horse in the 5th today at Aqueduct....still works well.