PDA

View Full Version : Attention : TVG

fouroneone
01-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Thank you so much for promoting the Eclipse Awards as airing at 9pm for the last month +.

I have always despised your channel for butchering races and coverage, however I was very excited that the awards would be televised this year.

Well, after waiting for an hour and 45 minutes i gave up.

When did it start? Midnight? Or was it pre-empted for 7 hours worth of in-depth quarter horse coverage from Los Alimitos?

I never thought i would say this, but thank god for OTB - Channel 71. I could never live off of TVG.

BillW
01-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Thank you so much for promoting the Eclipse Awards as airing at 9pm for the last month +.

I have always despised your channel for butchering races and coverage, however I was very excited that the awards would be televised this year.

Well, after waiting for an hour and 45 minutes i gave up.

When did it start? Midnight? Or was it pre-empted for 7 hours worth of in-depth quarter horse coverage from Los Alimitos?

I never thought i would say this, but thank god for OTB - Channel 71. I could never live off of TVG.

You must really hate them, expecting them to broadcast a live event for your convenience. :rolleyes:

fouroneone
01-25-2005, 12:34 PM
:)

well, the worst part was that it was only on at some local bar in my neighborhood, so to kill time I had to Drink. Now a hangover on a Tuesday would be worth it if I actually saw the awards, but all i got to see was 5 gazillion shots of John Servis in a tux and races 12-14 at Northfield Park :mad:

Buddha
01-25-2005, 12:45 PM
yea, they misadvertised the event. I, along with probably many, thought that the awards started at 9:00. Low and behold, that was just the "red carpet " part of the event. Awards didnt start til about 10:30

DJofSD
01-25-2005, 08:37 PM
The only thing more frustrating than waiting and waiting for a program like the Eclipse Awards is to try to record "Tilt" on ESPN.

DJofSD

Kappa
01-25-2005, 11:49 PM
yea, they misadvertised the event. I, along with probably many, thought that the awards started at 9:00. Low and behold, that was just the "red carpet " part of the event. Awards didnt start til about 10:30

How different is that from any televised major sporting event. The network carrying the event advertises the start time at the beginning of the pre game show. The start time for the Super Bowl will be advertised at 30 to 60 minutes before the kickoff! They all lie to you. I guess they go on to work in politics. :D