PDA

View Full Version : condition's\placement

BIG HIT
01-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Hi guy's was wondering was looking at at some longshot's 8 to1 and above.Some were beat for a lesser price then they were running today and same for alw purse some never were close then raise in price\purse.Don't get me wrong some showed early spd or middle move or even in str.But how do you guy's figure class move's and do you feal your right more then wrong.?
I find no matter how long the price he usually is at least thrid in class wise in field last out.How do you guy's approach this part of your handicapping.?

46zilzal
01-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Let the horse's record tell the tale....rarely, if ever, look at the class levels...Horse's run the race, not the condition book or the trainer..greatest SINGLE epiphany of my horse racing career, streamlines decision making

Tom
01-24-2005, 10:52 PM
I find class moves one of the most improtant factors in handicapping.
Horses showing early speed and dropping are potent. What I do is use the class drop as a reason to go back and use an older paceline. I loosely use the idea of failures from Quuirin's first book.

kenwoodallpromos
01-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Most horses with races in their pp's establish a price/purse barrier for themselves (ITM). A horse has to finish within 2 lengths or win in the last 2 races or be within its proven price barrier before I risk money on it.
(Many horses cannot do well above $16,000.00).