PDA

View Full Version : SA SUN

SAL
01-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Santa Anita Sunday:

R1 #2 Talking to John-Expensive claim may prove to be a good one if he runs well here. Has shown to be an honest runner as he tries every time. Trainer doesn’t do that well with the dirt/turf or first/turf, but that will help the price here.

R2 #11 Awesome Sign-Comes out of race that has produced a few next out winners. He had a bit of trouble in that one, and returns for barn that does well with 2nd time starters.

R3 #1 Ceez the Minute-Caught a wet track in first start for Spawr. Should get a good trip stalking the potential speed duel here. No stranger to the winner’s circle, he may go off at a decent price here.

R4 #3 Cottonus Peaks-She shows some decent efforts routing on the turf. She’s shown to be better sprinting, so the move to the sod in a sprint may be the winning move. Goes with Espinoza, a jock he clicks at better than 30% with.

R5 #4 Oceanus-Probably didn’t care for the slop last time (“climbing early”) and will surely get a solid pace to run at in here.

R6 #2 El Roblar-War Chant doing very well so far with FTS. This one has a few blazing works in tow so I wouldn’t be surprised if he has much early speed.

R7 #7 Bornwithit-Charismatic has been doing ok with turf runners, and he has run well at the longer sprint distance. Big odds expected here.

R8 #8 Hombre Rapido-SA is where he has fired his best races. Ran well last time forcing a fast pace. Like him right back here today.

R9 #9 Powerful Sister-Drops back to claimers here, should get an honest pace up front to shoot at.

BigAppleRacing
01-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Go SAL go!

With racing in NY cancelled today I am sitting here watching Santa Anita and Gulfstream on HRTV. Keep up the good work!

Big Apple Racing

http://www.livejournal.com/users/bigappleracing/

hurrikane
01-23-2005, 04:42 PM
great pull on the 2 guy.

surprised he came off at that price with that work in there

CapperLou
01-23-2005, 05:06 PM
SAL:

Here you go again--you are one of the best at So Cal!!! I used your picks in the first two with mine in the 3rd and caught the pick 3. You made a great call on the 1st race--I never would have played it--even with the workout.
Thanks for the good capping and keep it up.

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. Are you using Youbet with the turfday info available????

hurrikane
01-23-2005, 05:52 PM
SAL

where are you getting the War Chant FTS stat. I dont' see that anywhere.

SAL
01-23-2005, 06:16 PM
My database in Equisim has War Chant at 3/12 25%, the Turfday stats in Youbet has him at 4/14 29%. Chalk up another win for him with today's runner.

CapperLou
01-23-2005, 06:19 PM
SAL:

Great call again--I checked him in Equisim also and played to win--great price!!! Turfday had him also I see--Youbet!!!!

Thanks for the great winners today guy!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

hurrikane
01-23-2005, 06:42 PM
thanks man. I had him out on the work but not the ped.

nice hit. you're having a good day

Zaf
01-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Awesome Job again SAL !!! Is Equisim your primary handicapping tool ?

ZAFONIC

SAL
01-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Thanks Zaf

And yes, Equisim is the only program I use right now (besides Formulator 4 which I use on occasion). The recent Formula View and DB Direct upgrades have made it an outstanding tool for me.

I've made use of Formula View to create the % early figure that was covered extensively in another thread. It's a new (for me) avenue to study, I've been dabbling with it for a couple of weeks.

BigAppleRacing
01-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Can someone tell me a little more about 'Equisim"? I have seen this mentioned on the boards quite alot but I know nothing about the program.

Can you tell me the cost, data format and how to acquire.

Thanks.

headhawg
01-24-2005, 08:56 PM
BAR,

Here is the link to the demo on Thorotech's web site. If you do a search on this board, you will hit many posts about the software, nearly all of them positive.

http://www.thorotech.com/equisim/index.html

Good luck.

HH

Zaf
01-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Its a wonderful program which does many, many things. You should check out the demo, its free to try.

http://www.thorotech.com/equisim/demo.html

It takes Bris/TSN data files. The .50 centers work as well as the Multicap/Procap files.

ZAFONIC

Zaf
01-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks Zaf

And yes, Equisim is the only program I use right now (besides Formulator 4 which I use on occasion). The recent Formula View and DB Direct upgrades have made it an outstanding tool for me.

I've made use of Formula View to create the % early figure that was covered extensively in another thread. It's a new (for me) avenue to study, I've been dabbling with it for a couple of weeks.

Sal,

I've been dabbling with the Formula View myself. I am just a beginner at the VB Script stuff, but I am learning every day. There's a lot of good info on the Equisim Message board which is very helpful.

ZAFONIC