PDA

View Full Version : GP SUN

SAL
01-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Picks for Gulfstream Sunday:

R1 #8 Empire Man-He should be well placed early in this race, there isn’t much early speed here. Switches to decent early speed jock for this. Fresh runner has been drilling regularly in the am and should do well in here.

R2 #3 Unbridled Sunshine-Got involved in a 3 way pace battle in debut against MSW runners. Should be able to control the pace here, 8/1 would be nice.

R3 #1 Right Hand Man-I don’t think he was persevered with in his last effort when he got a bad trip from the outside. Makes a sensible drop, gets Prado and the rail today. The lead is there for the taking, and I think Prado will send this one from this post.

R4 #10 Starook-Didn’t run badly when stretched out last time on the grass. Drops back to the claiming ranks, and has some nice drills since. Should be a decent price here.

R5 #9 Baena-Has really taken a liking to the turf. I like the way she ran away from the field in her maiden breaker while closing on a slow pace.

R6 #8 Isla Cozzene-Cozzene is decent sire of FTS. Barn has popped with them as well, usually at big prices. With other big name trainers in this heat this one should be a good price.

more to come......

SAL
01-23-2005, 01:18 PM
R7 #2 Wide to Write-Was probably best in his last effort, when he had a bit of trouble. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him lead here as there isn’t much pace signed up.

R8 #13 Rimrod-May not have cared for the yielding surface in US debut. Classy runner should do better here.

R9 #12 Rare Gift-The “now” horse looks tough here. Has a tough running style, can take the lead or lay just off it. All the scratches make her post position more manageable.

R10 #2 Forthcoming-Failed as the well-bet chalk off the long layoff. Expecting a better effort today.