PDA

View Full Version : A tribute to Maybe Jack

CryingForTheHorses
01-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Heartbreaking news from the gulf!
Maybe Jack a 12yo gelding died after suffering a heart attack after finishing 3rd at Gulfstream yesterday. This gutsey guy had 122-35-17-17 and earned over $534.263. Very sorry for his connections as a horse of this stamina is very hard to find.What a warrior he was!.This is why I sold Air Cool, Hated to see this happen to a horse who has "survived". Imsure all involved with this guy are heartbroken, I know Id be!
122 races!!..RIP Maybe Jack

cj
01-23-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty sure this guy led the nation in wins one year. Also won a match race at Suffolk, at least I think it was Suffolk. Sad news.

EDIT:

I just looked at his lifetime PPs, and in 1997, he won 13 races, concluding the year with his match race win over a horse I believe he was tied with for wins that year heading into the race. A warrior!

OTM Al
01-23-2005, 05:05 PM
A wonderful horse. Tuned in the the Gulfstream feed (which we only had here because Aqueduct is closed) to watch him run. He missed hitting the board, but beat a lot of horses much younger than him. Was hoping to see him again when I go down there in a couple weeks, but now he is gone. A real hero of the sport and I will miss him.

ceejay
01-23-2005, 05:35 PM
I heard (on hrtv) that he was supposed to retire after Saturday's race, just not the way that he did. :(